Berlin Betrayal

Chapter Eighty-Nine

Chapter Eighty-Nine

Camilla sat on the bed with her back against the wall.

Fooling around with a ripped piece of paper between her fingers.

The sound of a card swiping caught her ears as she watched the door open.

Walking inside the two guys talked among each other.

"Got your food." The older man puts it to the side with a slight shove.

Camilla scoffs. "I'm alright."

His eyes snap to her. "I didn't ask you that."

"Well I said it."

He turns to her. "You think your attitude would clear up a little more." Camilla glared at him. "Cipher could just kill you. Something we are not all opposed to."

"Marcus, Justin." A smooth voice comes from the door, a young guy walks in. "That's enough."

"Please. This girl over here always has something to say." Jess, the one who talked to her earlier motioned to Camilla.

"Guess she's tired of playing baby sitter." Marcus looks at the crib, walking over to it.

Camilla jumped up from the bed, and cut him off to be face to face with him. Marcus backed up for a brief moment.

Amused at her, he laughs. "Still willing to die for the child huh?"

"You are to if you take one more step." Camilla warns.

Yanking her by the arm, he squeezed. "Your mouth is going to get you in a lot of troub-"

Snatched back by his collar, Camilla stumbles forward as he released his grip. Marcus was pushed to the door by the guy who walked in.