21. Familiar.

Need you when I'm broke,
When I'm fixed
Need you when I'm well.
When I'm sick.
Friends that I rely on
don't come through
They run like a river,
But not you.

~There you are.
(By: Zayn Malik.)

It was almost sun down when Bucky returned. He didn't have much stuff, so, he settled in pretty quickly. I asked him if he needed anything and he denied.

He stayed in his room and I was in mine. I had to register him in the records, so, I left my room and knocked on his. I waited till he opened it.

"Hey, ahm I have to register you in the tower's records, so, can you come down with me for a moment... If you're not doing anything?" I asked him, politely.

"Yeah, sure." He said, stepping out and I stepped back giving him space.

I pressed my lips together and started walking out of the apartment, down to the elevator and took him down to the office.

I pushed the door open, gesturing Bucky to step in, he did and I followed him behind.

"Please, take a seat." I said to him, sitting behind the table and turning the screen on. He sat opposite me, looking around as all the screens turned on.

I opened the registration window and filled in his details, since, I already knew them, focusing on the work, humming, fire on fire by Sam Smith.

I turned the screen to him, he looked at me, raising his brows.

"Put your palm here." I said, pointing a finger at a certain area on the screen. "It might tickle a bit." I added, smirking, lightly.
"What is this for?" He asked, looking doubtful.

"Your DNA. It's a security measure to avoide any breach of facilities." I said with a soft smile. "Don't worry, you can trust us." I said, smirking, earning a chuckle from him.

"If you say so." He said, raising a brow and tilting his head. I smiled as he placed his palm on the screen. After a few seconds, the light on the screen turned green and he removed his hand.
"Thank you very much." I mumbled, turning the screens, back and registering his DNA as well.

"Uhm-" I read a question but hesitated to ask him. "I'm really sorry to ask this, but I'm not sure about the answer." I said, raising my brows and crinkling my eyes.

"No, it's alright. Go for it." He said, humbly. I still hesitated, flicking my eyes through the screens.
"Do you have any family member alive?" I asked, slowly. Bucky inhaled sharply. "I'm really very sorry." I said, softly.

"No, no, don't be." He said, sending me a small grin. "No, I don't have any." He said, curling his lips in. I gave him a nod and an apologetic smile.

I felt Bucky's eyes on me, he wasn't looking around now. Earlier, he looked fascinated by the technology but, now, he was sitting straight, not looking around.

"Is there anything you can't do?" Bucky asked, suddenly, catching my attention. I looked up at him and he had a slight smile on his face. I chuckled, softly.

"Dad, taught me." I replied, with a grin, going back to the screen and he nodded, with a small smile on his face. He didn't say anything for a while, since I was, so, into my work.