25. Confessions.

I warned myself that
I shouldn't play with fire
But I can tell
That I'll do it one more time
Don't trust in myself
No Good for my health
You messed with my heart,
Now you've the reason why.

~I Warned Myself.
(By: Charlie Puth.)

I came out of the shower and put on an oversized T-shirt and some shorts, and stayed in my room till dinner.

I layed in my bed, I couldn't get the images out of my brain... I could hear Bucky's giggling and laughs on the phone with Helen, the day I saw them kissing and his touch on my skin today, everything was circulating in my mind and I couldn't physically get out of bed.

"Kristyn, everyone's waiting for you in the common room for dinner." I heard friday announce.
"Yeah, thanks Friday, I'll be down in a minute." I replied, my voice coming out hoarse.

"Do you want me to call Dr. Banner, your body temperature is above normal." The AI offered.

"No, friday, I'm fine, thank you." I replied, removing the sheets and sitting up, my head was spinning, since I hadn't eaten anything all day, except for a bowl of cereal. I was afraid to face anyone right now, I felt like I could have a panick attack at any moment.

I stood up, and walked over to my flip flops, I put them on and left my room.

I walked outside, to the elevator, put my hand on the scanner and stepped inside. I reached the common room. I opened the door and walked in. Everyone was already settled in, only my seat was vacant next to dad and Steve.

I walked over to them, I saw Bucky, he was talking to Sam.

"Oh, here she is." Dad said, raising his hand towards me. I beamed at him.
"We were all waiting for you." Pepper said, concerning could be heard in her voice.

"I'm so sorry everyone. I was sleeping." I lied, chuckling.

"In the evening?" Wanda asked, smirking at me. I knew she could read my thoughts so, I stopped thinking about Bucky and started thinking about the food on the table, so she couldn't read them.

"Yeah, I was just relaxing one minute and the next I was floating in my dreams." I said, I heard a few laughs. I could feel Bucky's gaze on me but I didn't look back.

"C'mon, lets start." Pepper said, sending a smile to everyone on the table. Everyone dived into thier foods.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, I pulled it out and turned it open under the table, to see a text flash on my screen from Bucky. I opened it.

Buck

Buck
I'm sorry.

I read it and turned my phone on silent and shoved it back in my pocket. Looking at Bucky for a second.

"You okay, sweetie?" Dad asked softly putting his palm on my hand. "God, you're burning up." He exclaimed slowly. I looked at him.

"I'm fine, dad... I just woke up that's why my body temperature is high." I replied, sending him a reassuring smile.

"Don't teach the teacher, kid." He said, in a serious voice. I pressed my lips together.
"C'mon, finish your dinner then take a tablet without fail." He ordered me, sending me a serious gaze.