40. Comfort.

But suddenly, you're asking for it back
Could you tell me,
where'd you get the nerve?
Yeah, you could say,
You miss all that we had
But I don't really care how bad hurts,
When you broke me first,
You broke me first.

~You Broke Me First.
(By: Tate McRae.)

TO: Fluff.

Bucky and I didn't speak at the dinner or after it. I couldn't sleep all night, partly because of the bombshell Bucky dropped on me and partly because I was on my period and was dying of cramps.

It had been 2 days since we had our first argument and I was avoiding him by only leaving my room for breakfast and dinner, so that dad won't suspect anything.

We were all having breakfast in awkward silence, which was deafening.

"Okay, what is going on between you two?" Nat asked, putting her spoon in the bowl, looking at me and Bucky.
"What do you mean?" I asked, eating my cereal.

"You both always sit together and now you aren't even speaking." She added, pointing a finger at us. Bucky and I shared an eye contact for a split second.

"Nothing's going on, Nat." Bucky said. Nat stood up, shaking her head and put her bowl in the sink.

"Alright, see you later then." She said, waving at us, we waved back and she left, leaving me, Steve and Bucky alone.

After a while, Bucky stood up and walked over to the kitchen counter, where I was sitting, but he walked past me and put his bowl in the sink and disappeared into his room.

"You're gonna lie to me as well?" I heard Steve from the couches. I took a deep breath looking at him, chewing my cereal.
"Honestly, it'd be more fun for you if it comes from Bucky." I said, chuckling and standing up to put the bowl in the sink. He shook his head, smiling.

"Anyways, see you later, I'm going out." I said, walking over to Steve.
He stood up and gave me a side hug.

I wore my coat and walked out of the apartment and down to the ground floor. I just needed some fresh air after being cooped up in my room. I didn't have a destination in mind as of yet.

I wasn't expecting Bucky to apologise or anything but I knew that Helen was lying. I understand that he only wanted to help her and I love him for that but why did he lie to me?

I was walking with my hands in the pockets of my coat. My legs came to a halt in front of a building, I looked up to see it was my old apartment building. I sighed and walked in. I always keep my keys with me whenever I go out.

Walking on the stairs slowly up to my floor, I recalled that the last time I was here, Bucky was with me. I pulled out my key and pierced the keyhole, unlocking the door. I walked in, closing the door behind me and turning on the lights.

I slowly looked around, smiling to myself, reminiscing my childhood with Rease, mom and dad. I walked over to the living room drawers and pulled the top drawer, revealing our darts. I picked them and stepped back, looking at the dart board.

I aimed one dart and shot it, hitting the Bull's-eye. Followed by the remaining ones. I went to my room and sat on the edge with the picture of my mom and dad in my hand, looking at it.

"I miss you, dad." I whispered to myself, tears running down my face.

I love my mom as well but we never got on the right foot. She hated me, no matter how hard I tried to please her and do what she asked but she always cared about dad and Rease but still I loved her.