Gibert Grape.

Requested by MVLCwrites. Please vote and comment so I know you have read this.  A/n N/n means nickname

Me and my best friend Gilbert Grape,we do everything together well almost we don't go to the toilet together and most of the time we have Arnie with us,Gilbert's little brother. But at night we sneak out together and do things with just the two of us. I love having Arnie with us,but he does wonder off a lot and we spend ages trying to find him again.

So tonight Gilbert suggested that he come over to my place and we do star gazing,so we won't get disturbed by anyone. Whilst I wait for Gilbert to arrive,I set up in the backyard. I lay a blanket on the grass for us to lay on,grab some spare pillows for us to rest our heads on and more blankets to put around us if we go cold.

I had just finished setting up when I hear a vehicle pull up out front,I walk back into the house and hear a knock on the front door. I open the door and see Gilbert smiling
"Hey Gilbert, you're right on time" I say
"Hey N/n,I brought snacks" Gilbert says,we walk threw my home and into the garden.

"Looks comfy" Gilbert says,he puts the snacks downs and then flops onto the blanket, I lay down beside him
"So how is your family?" I ask
"The same as every day" Gilbert says"What about you N/n?"
"I'm thinking of adopting a pet" I say.

"You a pet?" Gilbert says
"Why not?" I ask him
"Cos you can never just have one pet,that's why" Gilbert tells me
"I can't help it if I love animals, I'm just gonna adopt a dog or cat that no one else wants because its to old" I say.

"You are to kind Y/n" Gilbert says smiling
"Your kind as well Gil,you look after your family when you could have just left them behind,but you didn't" I say.

"I wanted to leave sometimes" Gilbert tells me,sitting up"I got into my truck and drove off into the night but I stopped and regretted it. I can't leave mum or Arnie or you,you have been my best friend for ever and I can't abandon you"
"What happens if I get a boyfriend and we move?" I ask
"Are you leaving?" Gilbert asks frantic.

"No dummy,I'm not" I laugh"You should have seen your face"
"Very funny giggles" Gilbert says,laying back down
"Besides I'm not looking for a man,not at the moment" I tell him
"That's good to hear" Gilbert says
"But you never know what tomorrow holds" I say,the two of us continue to gaze at the stars and casually talk.