Chapter 38

They all went in Avu's room. Sid stood at entrance. Others went inside and found Vibha was sitting beside Avi's bed, caressing her hair. Abhi was sitting at coach and khushi was sleeping beside him. Abhi's eyes had tears. He was looking down to hide them.

Sid looked at Avneet. Looking at her pale, yellowish face, fatigue finger, her eyes had dark circles below, her lips were whitish pink. She was sleeping peacefully not caring about anyone or anything. Sid was continously looking at her from entrance only. His heartbeat was slow than usual, breath rate became slow, he felt his blood getting cold, his knees felt weak, his throat dried, knuckles turned white and muscles felt stiffness. Tears roll down his cheeks, pouring out his pain.

Sid (mumble): Avni...

He don't have courage to go to her. Meanwhile with others. As everyone came. Vibha saw them and stood up. She too has tears in eyes.

Aman (stood beside avu's bed, sob escape from his mouth): Princess...
Rohan (held avu's hand with trembling hands): My jellybean wake up.

Sonia broke down looking at Avneet. Kanchi was trying to calm her. Vaish stood there numb. Tears roll down on her cheeks. Memories of her past rushed in her mind. However everyone was trying to stay strong but looking at Avneet. No one had courage to be strong. Everyone broke down.

Sid wasn't able to stand anymore. His knees felt weak. He fell down on floor with thud. Everyone snapped in direction and saw Sid brokenhearted, numb and emotionless sitting on floor, looking at Avneet. Vaish came back to senses. Abhi quickly went to him and sat on knees in front him.

Sid (pointing at Avu, in low voice): Bhai... bhai, my love.
Abhi (wiped his tears): Avneet is strong girl. She will be fine. She need us. So for her be strong. She will be fine.

Abhi supported him and make him stand. He took Sid towards sofa and make him sit there. After sometime. Kanchi calmed herself.

Kanchi (weak voice): What Dr said? And Vaishu how you got to know all this?
Vaish (sobbing): In morning. Me and Sid came here for khushi's vaccination. Khushi saw Avu and we too saw her. She was lying on stretcher. Ward boys and nurses were taking her to her room. We went towards her.

Flashback:

As Sidnavi went to Avu.

Vaish (worried): Avu? What happened to her? Where is dr? Avu?
Nurse (confused): Ma'am you know her?
Vaish (worried): Yaa She is my sister? What happened to her?

Just then a dr came.

Dr (shocked): Are you sure she is your sister or you are lying?
Vaish: She is my sister. What happened to her Dr?
Dr: Meet me in my cabin. I will tell you Umm.... and you? (Pointing at Sid)

Sid (worried): I am her friend.
Dr: Alright! Nurse take her in room and you both please come in my cabin.

Sid wanted to be with avu but Sidnavi nodded. They went behind Dr. Nurses and ward boys took avu in room.

In Dr's cabin. Dr was sitting on her chair. Sidnavi was sitting in her front with khushi.

Dr: I need proof that you both are her close relatives or friends.
Sid (angrily): What kind of proof? Stop beating around the bushes.
Dr (sighed): See, In waiting there are 4 men. They said they are her family but I doubt. So I doubt on you. It's better to prove it or I ain't gonna share anything about patient.
Sid (irritated): What the hell?

By now khushi slept in Sid's arms. Vaish took a pic from her wallet. It was her, Avu, khushi and Rohan's pic. She showed it to Dr.

Vaish (showing pic): Avneet, Me, My daughter and mine and Avneet's brother. This pic around a year ago we clicked.
Dr: Hmm.... Alright.
Sid (impatiently): Now will you share?
Dr: First answer me a few questions Mr. And I am warning you too behave or I will kick you out.

Sid was worried and impatient too.

Dr: From last few days your sister is missing. Doesn't anyone complained about it?
Vaish: She is at home. She isn't missing.
Dr: Miss. Your Sister is being raped since 4days. She doesn't got proper food or anything. Her body is fully numb ummm.... you can paralyzed. She is in coma cause of mentally and physically torture, mental trauma, physically harrassment. Not once but many times in 4days.

Sidnavi was shocked. Sid was numb. Vaish held Sid's hand pricking her nails in it.

Sid (breathing heavily): Bu.. but.. avu is.. home. She is... fine.. my love is... fine.
Vaish (shocked): If avu was facing all this and was missing then who is at home?
Dr (confused): What are you saying?
Sid (trying to calm himself): Who said they are avu's family?
Dr: Come! I will make you meet.

Sidnavi somehow gathered courage and went out with Dr. In waiting area. Four men sitting there.

Dr (pointing at men): They took her here. Come I will make you meet.
Sid: We don't know them.
Vaish (nodded): They aren't our relatives or friends.
Dr: But they bought her here. When we interrogate. They said on road. They found her body fully naked.

Sidnavi gasped.

Dr: I guess you should meet patient first maybe there is some misunderstanding.

Sidnavi nodded and went in avu's room. Looking at Avi. Tears leaked from Sidnavi's eyes.

Vaish (caressing her hair): Avnii...
Sid (sobbing): She.. she is avu... my... my love.
Dr: How can you be sure?

Sid showed Dr ring which he was wearing. Same ring avu was also wearing. Ring has letter "AS".

Vaish (showing locket to Dr): See this locket. She, me, (pointing at khushi) she, her mother (pointing at avu) and our sister in law too wears this. This was given by her father.

She showed locket. Dr nodded.

Dr: But then who are waiting outside. They said they are her family and you said then aren't plus you are saying someone already at home at her (pointing at avu) place all these days. So what's all this?

Sidnavi were silently not knowing who are these persons.

Dr: Anyways as it's a rape case. So police came sometime ago for investigation but as patient were unconscious. Police couldn't found anything. Now I can ask police to come and start investigation again. You are her (pointing at avu) family. So you need to corporate with us and police and lastly fill the form and details of patient and her treatment and everything.

Sid nodded. Dr saw the condition of Sidnavi. She too understood it's damn shocking and painful moment for them.

Dr: Ummm..... Take your time but just corporate with police. Later on you can fill form and other procedure.

Dr left. Vaish broke down hugging Avni. Sid was silently sobbing as words of Dr was ringing in his mind.

After sometime. Police came and did investigation of sidnavi. After it they again did investigation of men. Till last police found men are lying continously. So police arrest them and took them in jail.

After beating them and make them speak truth. They got to know truth of Rahul and Asavari. So to make her confess everything. They did planning of Avni's pregnancy and everything.

As Sidnavi had to go to Mehra House. They called Vibha then told her everything and ask her to come hospital. Vibha and Abhi came hospital then Sidnavi went Mehra House.

Rest you all know....

Flashback Ends...

TBC....

After a long time but a long chapter Ofcourse....