The big announcement

Lunch for certain was a light meal. There were cucumber sandwiches for the five of you, and some light pastries to eat, with lemon water to drink. It was nice for a change, but you were hungry for a real meal. You couldn't help but relax while you had the manicure and pedicure, they went with French tips for you on both so you wouldn't have too much of the same color. You also appreciated that it would look good for the mission. You saw Happy went with just a clear coat on his nails and tried not to giggle. The man seemed to really enjoy being pampered. You wondered silently if Bucky would enjoy this as well.
When you went to get your hair done, they washed your hair first before cutting the dead ends. You weren't used to getting your hair done that often, so you anxiously kept your eyes closed through the process of them trimming it. They put your hair up in an elegant bun with curls coming down to frame your face and to go down the back of your neck slightly. You were surprised of how good it looked, and it matched a look that you would have preferred to go for.
When the makeup artist came, they went with a smoky eye look, and the perfect cats eye. For the lighter shading they used a silvery blue color to lighten it slightly at the center. They contoured your face perfectly and gave you a dark red lipstick to set off the perfect pout. They used enough setting spray to make sure nothing moved. The one thing you were worried about was taking off the fake eyelashes at the end of the night, but you looked so different, but in a good way.
"Meow, look at you" Nat went to walk by while they were finishing up. She looked so beautiful, as usual. "Barnes is going to lose his mind" she grinned.
"Doubtful" you giggled. "He's probably still in hyper focus mode" you reminded her.
"With the vintage style dress, and that look... he will be distracted" Wanda came over and grinned knowingly.
"I just want tonight to go well" you sighed as you headed back to your small room with all your clothes and purse in it. "Please say we are grabbing something more substantial for supper" you closed the door and started getting undressed so you could put your normal clothes back on.
"We are stopping and grabbing a burger" Nat called out.
"I've been craving one" Pepper admitted.
"I'm starving" you admitted. "What about our lipstick though?"
"We are getting our own lipstick colors when we check out" she called through your door as you finished changing. "Just in case" she added.
"Perfect" you sighed to yourself and grabbed your purse after making sure you left nothing behind and came out. You went to the cash and took out your debit card, but Pepper waved you away. "What?" you asked.
"Its on me for all of us today. It was badly needed" she shrugged.
"I can pay" you started to argue but she gave you a level gaze. "Okay, thank you" you gave a smile, knowing very well you would not win that argument. Happy went out to the car while Pepper paid for everyone, then handed each of you your lipstick so you could refresh later.

On the way back to the compound, Happy stopped at a drive through and got everyone a bacon cheeseburger to eat on the way back, and a soda. You relished in both, although now you were worried about bloating a bit in your new dress. You ate in the back of the car, and as soon as Happy parked, you were all done. The five of you jumped out and headed to your rooms for the bare essentials before promising to go to Pepper's suite to get dressed with the exception of Happy who had to go change his suit. You didn't see Bucky when you went in your room and sighed gently, wondering if you really would expect him to be there when the party likely already started. You got undressed and put on a strapless dark blue lace bra, and a matching pair of dark blue lace panties. You grabbed the dark blue garter and put it on and then the silk stockings and made sure you had those on correctly before snapping them in. You changed your purse over to a clutch, and your earrings were blue, so you weren't worried. You checked your lipstick to make sure it was still good, and did a small touch up before you slipped on your heels and robe, before you started up the stairs to Peppers room. Once you got there Wanda and Nat were already in there getting ready. You walked in and grabbed your dress and automatically put it on. Nat came over and zipped up the back for you quickly and you looked in the mirror and flushed.
"You look perfect, Newbie" Nat smirked at you. "Tonight is about you, and its going to be fun" she promised.
"I'm worried something is going to go wrong. What if I trip on my face" you scrunched your nose, and zipped up Nat's zipper in the back of her dress.
"You'll be fine. Bucky will probably be at your side the entire night to make sure that doesn't happen" Wanda promised.
"Now we are going to be fashionably late" Pepper smiled happily. You stopped to look in the mirror, and barely recognized yourself. Your dress was a satin, that had no straps and had a sweetheart neckline. It tucked in closely at your waist, and flared out. The dark blue was one of Bucky's favorite colors, so you hoped you stood out to him at least. You double checked your lipstick and sighed a bit as Wanda took your hand and led you to the door.