175 ~ Sam's Freedom [Short]

Soo almost everyone from YHS are still alive, but Grian got most of them new identities after teaming up with Karu - Taurtis's father & Mafia Leader. Mumbo is J, he changed his name when he left, but stayed in contact with Gri obviously.

~

Grian furrowed his eyebrows as he stared at the tall suited raven haired man. The hair covered one of his red eyes, with a fedora, so he knew it wasn't Mumbo. Besides, Mumbo stood directly next to him.

"Karu? What are you doing here?" Mumbo asked.

Karu let out a sigh as he looked at the pair. The old man looked tired, and that was concerning.

"Karu, what happened?" Grian asked, worried he knew what was up.

"Sam got onto anti-psychotic meds, and provided enough evidence to have the case reopened." Karu said, sighing.

Grian stared at Karu for a few moments, before turning to look at Mumbo.

"I don't care if I have to drag my name through the mud." Grian said.

"I agree." Mumbo returned. Both looked at Karu, before Grian spoke again.

"Karu, take a break. We'll deal with it from here." Grian walked towards Karu, before hugging the Mafia leader. "I'll need you to get in touch with the others from then."

Karu nodded to the blonde, before looking at the two. The two had changed heavily since their time in YHS. But that's to be expected when people escape their abuser.

...

Grian and Mumbo walked into the police department, three boxes filled with files in their arms. Seeing as both were wanted by the police, they were arrested quickly after entry. Grian smiled as he looked at the police officer across from him.

"What's your angle?" The police officer asked. "Your wanted in suspicion of twelve, if not more, murders. And you walked into the police department willingly."

"Look through the files I provided and then I'll think about getting a lawyer." Grian said, glaring lightly at the officer.

The officer rolled their eyes before standing up and leaving. Grian stared at the one sided mirror as he waited. Before long the officer returned with a stupid look of suprise on their face.

"You have proof to back up all of this?" The police officer asked.

"Yes." Grian said. "Every shred is truthful, because Sam made me watch him murder them all."

...

It didn't take long for the word to spill to the public about the new evidence brought in and proved by a suspect in the murders. The suspect had been dropped from the suspect list, and instead would be testifying against the original suspect, along with plenty of others.

Grian brushed his black hair back, while he looked at the freshly dyed hair. The dye would wash out before he and Mumbo returned to Hermitcraft, but with the public being so frenzied onto this case, both he and Mumbo wanted to conceal their identities from their friends as much as possible.

Mumbo smiled to Grian from the doorway, the makeup that covered the small scars and the larger on near his eye being gone. His newly brown hair was neat, but not as neat as his black hair usually was.

"You ready for the lawyers attempts to trip you up?" Mumbo asked.

"As of they could. Those memories are burned into my mind." Grian said, slightly laughing.

"You okay?" Mumbo asked, the concern on his face not lost in his words.

"I'm fine. I'll be better when I can put this behind me though." Grian said reaching for his glasses.

"We all will..." Mumbo agreed.