93 ~ Work on it [Short]

Grian stopped in suprise at Mumbo's hand on his shoulder. Sure he had flinched and dropped the shulker box he'd been holding. He had a panicked look in his eyes, and he grew stiff in the split second after Mumbo's hand.

"You okay?" Mumbo asked, concern filling him.

Grian forced himself to calm down, and smiled reassuringly to him.

"Yeah." Grian said, leaning down to grab the shulker box.

Grian stood up and walked over to place the shulker box near his sorter.

"Grian... You panicked." Mumbo said, stepping closer to Grian.

Grian opened up the box to act like he was looking for something.

"I wasn't expecting to see anyone, let alone someone to grab me." Grian said, shrugging.

Mumbo walked over to Grian, and rested his hand on Grian's shoulder. He felt Grian's shoulder stiffen a bit, but relax quickly after.

Grian wasn't just suprised. There was panic and fear in Grian. And Grian was lying. Had he not experienced it, he would've believed it.

He'd known Grian was a great actor, but liar? Would Grian lie about things like his mental state or sicknesses? It seemed viable with Grian's workaholic state.

"Mumbo?" Grian asked, looking up at him.

Mumbo pulled Grian up, and hugged him. Grian blinked in suprise, but hugged the taller.

"Uh, is something wrong?" Grian asked, laughing slightly.

"Grian. You know you can talk to me, and others, right?" Mumbo asked, pushing his face against Grian's hair. "Your not alone."

Grian's eyes widened, but a sadness filled him. He teared up and hid his face against Mumbo's chest. Mumbo would never know how much it meant to Grian. Even if Mumbo didn't mean it, and would leave after learning the entirety of everything. It's not like he would tell him everything anyway.

...

Joe watched as Grian waved to Mumbo. Joe landed near Grian as Mumbo started flying away.

"You could've warned me that Mumbi was here..." Grian muttered.

"I'm sorry." Joe said, slightly laughing. "I didn't think you would react so badly."

Grian slightly glared at Joe, before turning and looking at the boxes near him.

"Would you like to continue talking about Evo?" Joe asked.

"...Not really..." Grian muttered.

"Okay. Would you like me to hang around?" Joe asked.

"Not really." Grian said, laughing slightly. "I need to go get materials to stock up the barge..."

Joe nodded.

"Remember, as Mumbo said. If you want to reach out, people care for you." Joe said, walking away from Grian.

Grian looked ot the ground and shifted his weight.

"You know that, correct?" Joe asked, looking back at Grian.

Grian didn't answer. He didn't know how to. Grian knew it, but couldn't accept it.

Joe sighed.

"We'll work on it."