Avoid the death plot

I am cursed. Simply cursed, nothing short of bad luck and nothing more than cursed. Plain and simple.

In this conservative and ancient world, reminiscent of the Tang Dynasty in ancient China, I have become an abandoned divorcee.

Not just once, but three times!

The truly unfortunate thing is that all three of my husbands were exceptional handsome, enough to make any modern day woman drool, but yet, I am still a virgin?

So, this is my story, listen and learn and don't make the same mistakes I did when I transmigrated into this darn book. I was not prepared and things ended disastrously.

I'll tell you about the pitfalls to avoid, to prep you, fellow readers (you people who have the highest probability of experiencing a transmigration event), so that you can come out of it unscathed.

Unfortunately, it's too late for me. I have three ex-husbands in my name, but have yet experienced the delights of the boudoir.

There is that aged old adage, prevention is better than a cure. Remember that? Well, it's true.

Look, it's too late for me, but you can still save yourself. To remove the risk of transmigrating into random worlds, you need to stop reading fiction and specifically stories involving transmigration.

I mean it, seriously, stop while you are ahead. Nothing is worst than transmigrating into a fictional world filled with meaningless drama, abuse and violence.

Chances are, you might not even possess the protagonist characters, the ones who are protected by their parent (author) like they are precious diamond, honed and sharpened only for them to shine.

By pure numbers alone, it is likely you will possess a cannon fodder or even worst, the servant of the villain destined for destruction. You know the one, the brainless characters who are always the first to die in any fight.

In my case, I was reading an especially popular webnovel about a reborn woman, who rose from the ashes and trampled all those villains around her using the most manipulative and horrible of methods.

The novel was my guilty pleasure and I was so addicted that I locked myself in my room and read without stopping. I loved the gut wrenching horror and sadness when reading about the terrible thing things that the little villains did.

I know it's terrible to enjoy those scenes so much, because the more twisted and cruel the situation, the more satisfying it felt when she trampled all over them and enact her form of jungle justice. Equally terrible, but a satisfying type of terrible.

In this story, people's lives were so cheap, slash here, slash there and a couple of explosions meant that all the issues are resolved. Villains are tortured and killed, balance and justice restored.

Oh, don't forget the beautiful men surrounding the heroine, ready to sacrifice their lives for her and giving her their unrequited and impossible love.

Excuse me as I blow my nose, it gets stuffy when I start to cry.

Anyways, as I was saying, I was reading this novel for three days and night, nonstop. My addiction was out of control but I could not stop reading it. Without food, sleep or even water, my body said...no more...and I blacked out.