White Dragon

The tongueless men silently dug a pit big enough to comfortably fit several bodies and threw down the dead men without much emotion. It was a common task for them, killing and disposing of bodies is just part of the job. When they got here, they had been ready to take out the two poorly disguised men. A cursory glance at the bloodbath before they arrived, the men were privately glad that they did not have to fight with the youth. The young one had looked like a wounded beast and readied to strike, he was beckoning for another battle. They knew that despite their numbers, they might have to lose a man or two before they can take him down.

Their curiousity about the two people lasted a good heart beat until they were commanded to clean up the scene. As ultimate professionals they devoted themselves to work and only when the two people emerged in women's clothes did their attention become completely captivated. Although they had guessed the youth was a young lady, they were stunned by her beauty. If not for the cold sharp gaze and swordlike eyebrows, she was too beautiful. A single glance is enough to make even harden mens' hearts flutter.

When she left the men felt absurdly lost. Fate had dealt them a bad hand but at least it gave them a glimpse of the beauty. The oldest of the men noticed the lingering looks and smacked the closest minion's head as a warning to them all. They are the lowest of the low, previously destined for execution and saved to become a person's private army. They have no right to think of anything other than fulfilling their missions and absolutely obeying their master's will.

Bai Xiao Wei helped her mother into the carriage that Xiao Shi prepared with mixed emotions. She took one last glance at the burial pit and sighed. Now that they have Xiao Shi's assistance they will make it to Regent Bai safely, but she has no confidence that they will get his mercy and pity. The sheer act of burying evidence points to premediated murder as opposed to self defense. She was counting on this mercy to come out of this situation unscathed, but now...oh well, the arrow has been shot and she must react accordingly.

The carriage is small but more comfortable than the donkey cart and despite the bumpy ride caused by uneven roads and rocks along the way, the inside of the carriage is warm and sheltered. Bai Xiao Wei felt much more comfortable after a quick rinse and change of clothing. The metallic smell of blood still lingers on her senses but at least the majority of the filth was wiped away. Her disguise was naturally wiped as well, revealing the natural beauty underneath. The beauty that captivates men and stuns women.

Xiao Shi looked at the girl in front of her with a deep appreciation and felt that she was looking at a piece of art. She unconciously touched her cheeks as she mentally compared herself with the slender and goddess like beauty in front of her. Deep down Xiao Shi was more in awe of Bai Xiao Wei's deadliness as she mercilessly killed, the smooth flicks of her wrist followed by an awesome sprays of blood that bloomed into sequences of blossoms mid-air. There was no way Xiao Shi could kill with such finness and grace. In fact, leaving the village without her master's permission is already an unforgivable defiance but she had inexplicably idolised Bai Xiao Wei. Xiao Shi is risking her life on a whim to get another opportunity to watch her idol kill.

The three women rode in a comfortable since, each lost in their own thoughts. Soon, Mother Bai gave in and fell asleep with her head leaning on Bai Xiao Wei's shoulder. Similarly, the steady rocking of the carriage and accumulated exhaustion caused Bai Xiao Wei to unwillingly let down her guard. She fought valiantly against her sleepiness, but soon drifted off into an uncomfortable sleep. Xiao Shi smiled and simply entertained herself by watching the two beautiful women sleep.

Bai Xiao Wei felt herself drift towards a dream-like state, she saw the little girl in her previous dream and her namesake, Jiang Meng. The dream seemed to continue from the previous one after her little friend and his family had disappeared. Then she felt herself being pulled into the little girl, becoming her, feeling her pounding heart and sweaty palms as she looked up at the giant white building that was paved with marble stones and golden edging.