Moonlight jade

The golden pendant slowly started to glow a around the edges. When I moved towards a certain direction the golden halo either intensified or reduced. I figured that it is like a compass that points to the partner amulet and the more intense the glow, the closer I am to my jade.

Following my instinct I ignored the chaos and raced towards the direction that the pendant is pointing towards.

Warm...cold...warmer...warmer. After running the wrong direction a few times I finally stopped right in front of a closed door. The pendant is glowing a bright golden hue indicating that I am very 'hot'. Filled with confidence I raised my leg and kicked down the door.

It is a familiar room actually, the same one that Man Chiu had kept me in. The memories of the forced kidnapping and my violent death came flooding back. My heart felt a painful pang as I thought of my parents. The kidnapping was so abrupt and senseless. I never got a chance to say goodbye to my beloved Bai family and was all Man Chiu's fault. If it wasn't because of his unreasonable actions, I would not meet Hu Xuan again be killed so inexplicably.

Enraged, I want to destroy everything in the room but as I prepared tear down the place, a figure in pale pink stepped out from behind the curtains. I rolled my eyes. The beauty smiled challengingly. Bai Xiao Wei. If she is here then the other lunatic, Hu Xuan should be close by. My heart raced. Fear and flashes of pain seared my chest. It seems that even after so many weeks in this new body, the mind still remembers the stabbing vividly.

"Bai Xiao Wei, get out of my way," I said angrily.

I should have guessed that the lunatic would reserve this room for the woman since it is conveniently located next to his. According to the timeline, they would not have started sleeping with each other yet, but he would be irate at the sounds coming out of the room at night. The female lead knew that her sensual moans would stir his jealousy and lust for her, so she continued to tease him to the point of obsession. At this point I felt happy that Hu Xuan was reduced to a tool for her target capture in this arc and both leads are equally miserable.

"Miss Muon, how nice to see you, but isn't your entrance a little dramatic?" she asked with a seductive smile.

"Shut your mouth and stand aside. I'll deal with you later, right now this Miss is too busy!" I said arrogantly.

"But how could I? Afterall, you are a guest and this is my room. Now, tell me what you are after and I might be able to help you," she said.

"Fine. Tell me, what is behind this wall?" I asked with one hand pointing the whip at her.

The pendant in my hand is glowing so brightly that it looks like it is on fire and yet I am standing in front of a painting. Could it be inside a secret wall compartment, or inside the painting itself?

"Let's see shall we?"

With a seductive saunter, she reached up to remove the painting from the wall. The wall was completely smooth with no visible secret compartment, so the jade must be in the painting itself. I grabbed the painting from her hand and inspected the metal rods at either ends of the leather sheet. The metal rods are wide enough to hide a half crescent jade pendant I supposed. I carefully checked the ends of each rod and smiled when I heard a click. Bingo!

"My goodness, what is inside this thing?" she asked feigning innocence.

"That is none of your business, I am only taking back what is mine, here take the painting and put it back. If Man Chiu asks about it, just do what you do best...pretend...that should be easy....pretend that you didn't just help me break off the engagement. Next time I see you, I will make you pay for your part in my accident. Watch yourself Bai Xiao Wei!"