Second Wedding Day

Hu Xuan stood outside the Bai family's palace until the bridal gifts arrived with two rows of musicians on gongs and trumpets. The wedding ceremony started with the loud explosions of crackers and celebratory clangs of the gongs. Each joyful beat was a hammer into the nail already lodged in his heart. He remembered his own wedding day in the previous life and the bride that he didn't get to see.

He sighed regretfully, the images of the manic stabbing and her lifeless eyes haunted his mind. After she rejected his marriage proposal he started to have flashes of his time together with Bai Mingling but a different version of her. Instinctively he knew it was the soul that is Rui An.

The girl's delicate and captivating peach blossom fragrance was consistent in his 'memories' of Bai Mingling. Relying on instinct he needed to confirm with her once and for all.

All his hopes completely shattered when she acknowledged it without hesitation, cutting off any second chances and definitively rejected him.

Today she will marry into the Bai family and will forever be away from his grasp. Hu Xuan slowly knelt down on the ground that is covered in red fragments of the burning crackers and petals. The ceremony is small with almost no visitors but yet so osentiatious that everyone would know that the Bai family is marrying a bride. The rows and rows of wedding goods that lined the main city road was enough to broadcast to the world how valued this bride is.

"There is no use kneeling here," said a voice next to him.

Hu Xuan hurriedly rubbed his eyes and composed himself. He looked up at the man sitting on a wooden wheelchair. The loud crackers and music had made his approach inperceptible.

"This person...what does it have to do with you?" asked Hu Xuan.

"I know that no matter how long you kneel here, she will never look at you."

"You! Who are you to dare speak of her?"

"I am her fiancé, the very person she is running away from. You...heh...you are noone, nothing to her, so why should she care about you?"

"Her fiancé? In the next five minutes she will become the bride of the Bai family. There is nothing that the fiancé can do but sit around to watch the formalities just like a passerby," said Hu Xuan with a loud chuckle.

Man Chiu chuckled as well. It seems like An An has backed him into a corner this time around. He guessed that she might assume that he has no power or desire to take her back. A corner of his lips lifted up giving off a vibe of deep conspiracy.

"She can marry today but she cannot run from me forever. I advise you to forget about my wife and turn a blind eye to what will happen the next few days. If you want to keep the Hu family safe and keep your power."

"What will happen? I cannot stand by and allow you to harm her."

"Do as you wish but don't say that I didn't warn you," said Man Chiu. His cold tone seemed colder when accompanied by a cruel laugh.

"Sorry, I cannot let you harm her, apologises..." said Hu Xuan as he launched towards Man Chiu. He wanted to restrain the mad man before he could enact his plan, but he overestimated his own abilities. On the one hand he did not want to disturb the wedding procession and on the other hand, he really is no match with the elite master.

Man Chiu laughed and flicked his wrist, sending Hu Xuan flying backwards into the bridal procession. The Young Master's body knocked over trunks of jewels and bolts of silk as he broke the fall. The music suddenly stopped and the crowd stunned into silence. All eyes glared at Hu Xuan as he stumbled to get himself onto his feet.

"It seems like you don't heed advice, preferring to take punishment instead. Young Master Hu, today we will leave it there. But don't worry, I will come for you..." said Man Chiu coldly before disappearing into the crowd.