Madman

"Awake now? Good, your health is too poorly, in the future you must take care lest you die before I finish with you," said Man Chiu with a smirk on his handsome face.

I frowned, if not for the stiffness of my body and weakness in my arms, I would have punched that smug face.

"Ahh...so annoying... I should have died ..." I muttered loud enough for him to hear.

"Why? Aren't you scared of death?" he asked with a puzzled look.

"Gosh...after seeing you, I no longer fear death," I replied and rolled my eyes.

He chuckled and flicked one hair braid over his shoulders.

"Miss Bai, it was my oversight that my people starved you these last three days. I didn't think they are such incompetent idiots..." he said.

I felt that his gaze was too heated and strange while I am laying defencelessly on the bed. so I pulled myself up to talk to him at eye level. It took a little effort because I felt so weak but it was worth it.

"Here, drink this soup, it should replenish your body. I cannot give you food to eat until later once your stomach adjusts."

"How do I know it's not poisoned?" I asked seriously.

"You don't but you have no choice but to trust my words. Otherwise I will force feed you...haha" he chuckled.

Why is this character so wicked and yet so handsome? Why did I like him so much when I was reading about him? I must have something wrong with my head.

I decided that I would rather feed myself than wait for him to hold my mouth open and pour the whole bowl down my throat.

"Good girl, don't worry, the idiots have been punished to avenge you," he said with slight smirk.

"How did you punish them? Actually, nevermind. I don't need to know the details. So, what do you want to do with me? I can't die and I can't live...isn't that right?"

"Recover well and face the tortures that awaits you. Once I am satisfied maybe I will let you go, otherwise..." he signaled his finger slicing his throat. Okay, a death threat so early on.

"So you kidnapped me so I can just laze around?" I asked.

"Tomorrow come with me," he replied.

"You must know that I have no skills nor talents.  My parents have spoilt me all these years, so all I know is how to laze around and boss people," I stated firmly.

"Then it's time for you to learn..." he said with a wicked smile.

I sipped the soup and glared at him as he sat on his wheelchair and calmly scrutinised every detail of my face.

"So, what should I call you?" I asked to break the awkward silence.

"Man Chiu, that is my name, but you can call me Master," he said.

Your mother! How did I suddenly become someone's servant? My indignation battled with my will to live for a little while before I gave up. Okay, my will to survive this is more than my pride.

"Master? Okay, if you want me to call you that, then you must answer two questions and agree to one request."

"Oh...interesting...I didn't realise you are in the position to question and request anything."

"If you don't, then I'll call you Brat Man, even if you kill me...I'll call you Brat Man!" I exclaimed and threw the bowl onto the ground angrily.

He grabbed my chin suddenly and leaned in so close that our noses nearly touched. At that moment we engaged in a battle of wills, like wild animals the one who breaks eye contact is the weak one. I don't want to be devoured so even though I am scared of death, it beats being a coward tortured to death.