Wedding night

"Bai Han?" I asked tentatively.

The man's eyes held a light twinkle that shot an electrifying current through my body. Even though it is subtle and barely perceptible with other people but I immediately recognise it. The same scorching flame in Bai Han's eyes in my first transmigration and those of Hanli's gaze before he became another person. The same soul, the same person.

When I was Bai Mingling, I knew his feelings for me, but I tried to ignore and played dumb so that I did not have to face the incestuous feelings. But my body and my heart could not deny the conflicting emotions so in a way I was glad that my life ended quickly. In this life, as Muon Rui An, I had no such constraints so I allowed myself to fall in love with Hanli. The irony is that he is back as Bai Han and we have married.

I smiled knowingly and he winked. The immediate recognition lightened my heart. Maybe this good deed I decided to do on a whim will turn out to be a good thing afterall. I have Bai Han again, the same soul, the same man and I am now no longer his sister.

"My dear, you have saved us, saved our second son. Muon Rui An, you are a real living goddess in our family. Thank you, thank you!" exclaimed Regent Bai.

Madame Bai could only nod her head in agreement, tears streaming down her eyes as she gently helped Bai Han off Bai Xuang's back and held him in her arms.

She sobbed uncontrollably. Tears soaked his shoulders but soon his body grew heavy without Bai Xuang's support. This pulled Madame Bai back into reality and she immediately helped him sit down on the chair.

The other members of the family stood aside. They were stunned into silence at the miraculous recovery that the marriage bought. I glanced at Mingling who uncharacteristically stood behind her third brother. Our eyes met mid-air and her round eyes watered immediately.

"An An, isn't this a miracle? Are you truly a goddess?" she exclaimed and rushed to hug me.

Before I could say a word, she immediately followed up with, "you are a goddess, I know it! My sister-in-law and best friend is a goddess! Thank you An An!"

I laughed breaking the slightly awkward atmosphere.

"The bride has brought such great fortune to the Bai family. It is the Bai family's seven generations of good deeds that have resulted in its ability to marry in such a daughter-in-law! May your fortunes and blessing continue for generations to come!" shouted the match maker.

Regent Bai laughed, a warm booming laughter that cheered up all those present. He rewarded the match-maker handsomely before sending for the physician to check Bai Han's condition.

"Let the groom and bride enjoy their wedding day. Tomorrow we shall talk!" he said to the family before signalling for the head steward to lead guests away.

Soon the merry banquet begun, meat, wine and music was free flowing until the early hours of the morning. More visitors were invited at the last minute to participate in this surprising double celebration. The Bai family married in auspicious bride and their son who have been sick for the last ten years have recovered.

As the bride, I naturally did not have to suffer it for too long before returning to my bed chambers. Bai Han was sitting there waiting for me to return. I giggled, the roles seem to have reversed due to his weak condition.

"An An, I am back," he said simply.

"I know."

I stood still, a little hesitant and a little shy. The twists of fate have happened so suddenly that I don't really know how to react.

"Now we are legally wedded. Do you regret it?" he asked.

The fragile man was laying on the bed, looking a little apprehensive as if he feared my answer. His extremely good looks had lost all its heroic aura from the last life. Instead, he is a little beauty, white, thin and fragile. A slight frown of his eyebrows would pain someone's heart.