Setting

"An invincible lunatic..." Those words echoed in my ears like a relentless, piercing, and silent refrain. The sudden, sharp pain that had lodged itself in my heart seemed to deepen, robbing me of breath.

"Why do you clutch your chest? How can your pain run deeper than mine?" 

His bloodshot eyes had shed their original tenderness, now replaced by unbridled resentment and madness. He rose from the wooden wheelchair, which had served as his shield against those who conspired against him, and advanced toward me with the poise of a stalking leopard.

I trembled, much like a prey paralyzed with fear. There was an oppressive aura about him, demanding absolute obedience. My mind blanked, and my body felt paralyzed, incapable of responding, even if my mind had screamed at me to escape.

"You despised me so profoundly in our past life. The sharp glint in your eyes as you challenged me in a contest I could never win. Jiang Meng, you were merciless."

He came close, wrapping his arm around my waist. "Fear not," he assured me, but his hold tightened, our bodies pressing together. His cold fingers traced my eyebrows and trailed down my cheeks before lifting my chin to face him.

"These lips were offered to me in past lifetimes, but I never desired to taste them. Yet, when they are yours, I yearn to consume them entirely. I desire to consume you," he whispered huskily.

My body tingled with a mixture of fear and anticipation, and the fine hairs on my body stood on end. His warm breath and unyielding hold seemed to freeze time and space, leaving only him and me in that moment. A man and a woman, trembling in the volatile mixture of fear, desire, and longing.

My heart quivered as a heat surged from the depths of my heart, momentarily soothing the agonizing pain before igniting it into an unbearable blaze, making me wish to perish at that very moment.

His cold lips met mine, and the searing flame that had consumed me found instant relief in the frigid touch of his body.

He pulled away, and the relief diminished. I couldn't resist. I yearned to feel that soothing relief again, so I raised my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. Our lips met again, and our tongues engaged in a fierce battle. He explored the depths of my mouth, and I could feel his arms tightening around my waist, securing his grip and erasing the invisible space between us.

Our tongues dueled relentlessly. I eagerly absorbed his cooling force, while he fought to control his desires. Neither of us wanted to let go. His hand roamed down my hips, and he raised my leg against him, urging me to encircle my body around his.

My eyes had been closed throughout, but when I felt the firm desire pressing against my abdomen, I instinctively opened them and pushed against his chest.

He halted and gazed at me with an intense fire in his eyes, and at that moment, I felt the electric current that had been sparked surge with fury. He laughed dominantly and raised my other leg, causing me to cling to him as he carried me. The heat returned to my body after the brief hiatus from his lips, and once again, the unbearable pain throbbed.

I touched my lips to his once more, feeling instant relief. He walked with me, and I licked and nibbled at his lips. The mere seconds of separation were enough for the pain to resurface. My heart raced, and I allowed my body to do as it pleased to find relief. Every fiber of my being seemed to demand him.

"What have you done to me?" I mumbled as my tongue traced his jawline and earlobes.

"We belong together..."

Our lips locked once more as he forcefully pushed open the door and laid me on the table. "Jiang Meng, in this life and every other, you will be mine," he declared, and the doors slammed shut with a gust of his inner force. I gazed up at the man before me, trembling with anticipation.