Story recap - Bai Mingling Arc

Hello my dear readers,

There is alot of detail in the story so far that is setting up for the second half of the story. So I have decided it is a good time for a recap. Hope you continue to enjoy the read.

The story begins with our protagonist cautioning the readers about the perils of transmigration. She alludes to the various strategies she employed to endure in her newfound world, the realm of the novel she has transmigrated into. We are not acquainted with her true name until the conclusion of the second arc. However, for the purpose of this recap, I shall refer to the protagonist by her original name, Jiang Meng.

Jiang Meng is a spirited nineteen-year-old girl from the modern world. She grew up from a humble village upbringing and like many children of the generation, she was raised by her frugal and strict grandparents, who dismissed the notion of girls receiving a quality education. Disregarding their objections, she secures a place in a prestigious university to pursue her dream of studying medicine. However, her grandparents refuse to invest in her education, adamant in their convictions. Jiang Meng defies their wishes and escapes to the bustling city of A, where she begins to pursue her studies.

Determined not to be a burden to her hardworking parents, she takes on multiple part-time jobs while juggling her studies, diligently covering her educational and living expenses. Her unwavering dedication pushes her to the brink of exhaustion, immersing herself in her work while fighting against the relentless hands of time. In her quest for respite, Jiang Meng finds solace in the pages of a captivating R-rated, reverse harem webnovel. Little does she know that the boundary between fiction and reality will blur, and she transmigrates into the novel.

Jiang Meng assumes the role of the initially naive and spoilt daughter of the Bai Regent who had blackened when she desperately fought with the female lead for the first male lead, Hu Xuan. Bai Mingling, was fated to endure a gruesome demise at the hands of the female lead and her whole villianous family was executed as part of the female lead's revenge plan. Burdened with a remarkable memory that vividly recalls the graphic details of her character's untimely end, Jiang Meng is gripped by anxiety, and she resolves to alter her fate by avoiding encounters with the reborn female lead, Bai Xiao Wei. She considers Hu Xuan the source of all of Bai Mingling's troubles so she desperately wants to avoid him as well.

During the first year, she successfully conceals herself, choosing to remain mostly at home, evading any chance encounters with Hu Xuan. Interacting with the Bai family daily, she finds herself unexpectedly falling in love with them, experiencing a newfound sense of affection. With utmost sincerity, Jiang Meng fully embraces her identity as Bai Mingling, yearning for a peaceful existence within her new world. Particularly close to her second brother, Bai Han, who displays an excessive fondness and possessiveness towards her, Jiang Meng believes she has skillfully evaded the impending death plot. However, unbeknownst to her, Hu Xuan has already fallen head over heels for her at first sight.

As the female lead's arrival draws near, Jiang Meng begins counting down the days. To prevent the plot from unfolding, she readily agrees to her parents' plan of arranging a "live-in" son-in-law, ensuring Bai Mingling's legal protection and independence within the Bai family. In preparation, a competition is proposed to select the most suitable candidate following Bai Mingling's coming-of-age ceremony.

During a visit to the temple, Jiang Meng finds herself in the midst of a dire situation, bravely coming to the aid of the Hu family caravan and tending to the wounded servants and Hu Xuan. However, her heroic actions ignite an unreasonable jealousy within Bai Han, leading to hurtful exchanges of words. Jiang Meng, though hurt and bewildered by her brother's actions, recognizes deep down, that his feelings for her surpass the boundaries of sibling affection. Determined to protect their relationship, she decides to create distance between them. Just as they begin to reconcile, a sudden and unforeseen event separates them and Bai Han leaves the city.