Unexpected

The capture of the four protectors of the Celestial Realm spelled certain doom for its inhabitants. This grim reality became starkly apparent when the Demon King, in a grand, malicious display, paraded the caged dragons before the vast assembly of demons and celestials on the battlefield. The adrenaline-fueled rush of victory emboldened the demons, igniting their fervor, while simultaneously draining the hope from the celestial armies. The combat, once fierce and intense, rapidly deteriorated; the celestial forces grew sluggish, swiftly overwhelmed by their adversaries.

The demons surged forward, ascending towards the Imperial City, the central nexus of power where the Sun Emperor and his celestial consort, the Goddess of Immortality, resided atop the highest peak in the Celestial Realm. I, having never set foot in this sacred place, knew of this enigmatic couple only through whispered lessons and overheard gossip. These supposed grandparents, figures of legend, had remained distant throughout the millennia of my upbringing, their existence reduced to mere messages conveyed through the Divine Lotus Goddess.

As Man Chiu, gripping me firmly, soared up the countless steps leading to the palace gates, the guards, initially poised for battle, dropped their weapons in sheer terror. With a casual flick of his wrist, Man Chiu unleashed a burst of energy, shattering the grand wooden doors.

"This cannot be right," I murmured, my voice laced with disbelief. The palace, expected to radiate splendor and majesty, stood dilapidated, empty, a shell devoid of life and power. "It has been abandoned for millennia," Man Chiu responded, his tone somber. He gazed at the miniature dragons imprisoned within the cage, his face etched with grim resolve. "What have you done?" he demanded coldly.

Ignoring his question, Bai Longwang turned to me and said pleadingly, "Did you willingly destroy this heavenly domain and betray your people for this demon?"

My legs trembled, and the world around me began to spin in a dizzying blur. Man Chiu, sensing my weakness, clasped my hand, guiding it to rest on his arm, his gaze never leaving the dragons.

"You need more motivation to speak truthfully," he declared, before setting the cage ablaze. His grip tightened reassuringly around my hand amidst the dragons' agonized screams. My entire life felt like a lie, an intricate fabrication, limitless in its deceit. Everyone around me harbored secrets, feeding me lies and half-truths, manipulating and controlling me.

"Answer him!" I erupted, unable to contain my fury. The fire ceased, and the singed dragons collapsed into a charred heap. "Where are they? Bai Longwang, do not dare deceive me again," I demanded, fighting to maintain composure amid my raging emotions.

"Do you wish to shatter the Churning Circle to uncover the truth? Then do it," Bai Longwang taunted, coughing up blood. The flames had scorched his flesh, but it was evident that internal injuries plagued him.

Man Chiu, his voice icy, retorted, "Only they who created it can destroy it. Do you think I am powerless in this situation?"

Bai Longwang, weakened yet defiant, chuckled. "Live in ignorance, then. Let the unknown truth torment you every day until you plead for release."

"Why should I be tormented?" Man Chiu declared, his voice resonating with conviction. "I have conquered the celestial realms. Now, all three realms unite under one Emperor. A new era dawns."

"Remain as arrogant as you wish," Bai Longwang replied, his gaze piercing into me. My heart raced, realizing his words were not meant for Man Chiu, but for me.

As Man Chiu consolidated his grip over the Celestial Realm, the once-majestic palace, a shadow of its former glory, transformed. Under his command, the dilapidated structures were restored to their original splendor, mirroring the grandeur and magnificence they once held. The palace, reborn, became a symbol of the new era, a convergence of demonic might and celestial elegance. We claimed it as our own, ruling the three realms from its peak.