Recap - Muon Rui An Arc

This arc picks up right after Hu Xuan fatally stabbed Jiang Meng. Her spirit now resides within the body of Muon Rui An, the princess of the Muon Clan and Man Chiu's fiancée. Jiang Meng realizes that she is somehow cursed, always being forced to transmigrate into villainous roles and facing an inevitable death. However, having experienced a violent death, she no longer fears it, leading her to make a different choice this time.

Instead of hiding and seeking refuge with the Bai family as she did before, Jiang Meng decides to take control of her own destiny. She quickly discovers that Muon Rui An's body is not only healthy and strong but also skilled in martial arts, particularly with a whip. This boosts her confidence and determination to fight against the predetermined storyline. In the original story, Muon Rui An's heart is the magical White Spirit Pearl that possesses healing powers. Man Chiu had cruelly ripped out Muon Rui An's heart to save Bai Xiao Wei from an illness and secure their "happily ever after."

Jiang Meng realizes that she has entered this timeline when Bai Xiao Wei is already living with Man Chiu. This meant that she is running out of time to escape the plot that leads to her death and stresses Jiang Meng immensely. Despite her anxiousness to run away, Muon Rui An's body was previously thrown off the horse and severely injured. Jiang Meng possessed Muon Rui An's body and needed time to heal. Further more, she found out that engagement tokens that are actually magical GPS devices, tracking each other's whereabouts. So to escape her fate, she had two choices, either to convince Man Chiu to break the engagement and willingly hand back her jade token, or take it back by force before running away.

While recovering from her injuries, Jiang Meng writes hundreds of letters in an attempt to persuade Man Chiu to break off their engagement. Surprisingly, he refuses and becomes more intrigued by her. Later, it is revealed that he retained memories from the previous world and had encountered the real Bai Mingling, only to realize that she wasn't Jiang Meng's soul. When he sees Jiang Meng now inhabiting Muon Rui An's body, he immediately recognizes her.

Once Jiang Meng fully recovers, she realises that Man Chiu will never hand it over willingly, so she decides to act recklessly and reclaim the jade through force. Leading her soldiers, she launches an attack on Man Chiu's palace. Prior to the assault, she encounters the enigmatic Captain Hanli, who immediately captivates her. There is something uncannily familiar about him that instantly earnt her trust.

They successfully infiltrate Man Chiu's palace, where Jiang Meng discovers Bai Xiao Wei hiding. Bai Xiao Wei reveals the location of the jade to Jiang Meng, allowing her to retrieve it before fleeing the city. Captain Hanli follows her, accompanied by their two servants, as they embark on a journey to the Middle Empire. Jiang Meng is determined to check on the Bai family and ensure their safety, verifying that the plot has taken a different course.

During the months of travel, their journey progresses smoothly, and a deep bond quickly develops between Jiang Meng and Captain Hanli. Despite Man Chiu sending numerous agents to capture them, Captain Hanli's formidable power ensures their survival. As Jiang Meng revels in the happiness of finding her soulmate, Man Chiu grows increasingly weak and obsessed with Jiang Meng. Bai Xiao Wei's attempts to comfort him prove futile.

After saving Jiang Meng from a fall, Hanli and Jiang Meng succumb to their desires and share a passionate kiss before concluding their journey. That night, while perched on the roof of the Bai palace, Hanli confesses to Jiang Meng that he must temporarily part ways with her but promises to return. Suddenly, he undergoes a complete transformation, revealing a different persona. Jiang Meng realizes that the soul inhabiting Hanli's body has changed. She pieces together the clues and understands that the spirit that possessed Hanli is the same spirit that once possessed Bai Han in her previous life. Although the characters are different, it is one soul. Jiang Meng dismisses him and allows him to return to his wife.