Coming back to her

"Young Master Hu, I think sister Muon has made her thoughts clear. Stop bothering her and imposing your own views and desires! We women are not merely objects that you can request a marriage from the elders. Did you even think about her feelings? Did you even think about your level? If she was powerful enough to save you, don't you think she is powerful and good enough for someone more excellent? Who do you think you are? Coming barging in and asking for marriage before even seeing the person. She is not an object that will easily accept anyone who wants to marry her. Move aside, a good dog will not block the way! Shoo! Shoo!" said Mingling in the most arrogant tone she could muster.

"I didnt think...." stammered Hu Xuan, clearly at a loss.

"Of course you didn't think, otherwise why would you do such an absurd thing? Who do you think sister Moun is? Who do you think you are? A frog wants to marry a swan, absurd! Young Master Hu, you better go back and reflect on your behaviour today...but really, I must say...shouldn't you be begging sister Muon to become your master instead? The more I think about it, the more angry I become. How stupid!" she continued to mercilessly tear him down.

"Mingling is right, just because you have abit of looks and status here in the Southern Empire, don't think it matters to me. I don't belong here and definitely don't follow your petty way of life. Even your looks are barely passable compared to the men I know. Hu Xuan, don't value yourself to highly," I added.

He flinched, face ashen as if in agony. He nodded slowly, unable to face the beautiful girls before him.

"In this case, please forget what I have said. I wish Miss Muon all the best. Miss Bai...I will take my leave," he stammered away as if a ghost was on his tail.

"Mingling, I had no idea you have such a sharp tongue!" I exclaimed while wiping the tears of laughter from the corners of my eyes.

"I feel bad for Hu Xuan but better be harsh so that he knows that he has no hope and won't bother you in the future. I only spoke the truth so there is nothing to it," she said similarly wiping her eyes with her handkerchief.

Seeing Mingling like this lightened my heart. The chances of her falling in love Hu Xuan and bringing on her terrible fate is becoming more unlikely.

Back in the lonely hut, Xue Zhanglun finally opened his eyes. He has regained his powers after weeks of meditation. He stood up and walked towards the door, readying himself to fly back to Meng Jiang's side. He wondered if she had missed him and what has happened since his abrupt disappearance. He knew that he could not go back to Hanli's body but since she in the Southern Province, the man's body isn't essential anymore. There is a perfect body waiting for him there, Bai Han.

Xue Zhanglun smiled, he will possess the comatose man and continue his pursuit of his wife. His heart lifted in anticipation of the day he is reunited with her but as soon as he opened his door an unwelcomed visitor stood a few paces away smiling at him.

Bastard! How did he find him? How did he break through the layers of protective charms and traps to stand here unscathed. The well dress man in a flowing white dress and neatly tied straight hair smiled at him with a self indulgent and satisfied grin.

"Xue Zhanglun, I see you are well. Are you ready for our next duel?" he asked.

"Bastard, you have willingly presented yourself here for death? No more hiding like a dirty rat?" mocked Xue Zhanglun. Reuniting with Meng Jiang will have to wait, their enemy is at the door and he must kill him this time.

"Death? You are funny, you know beings like us can never die, but yet you try and try again. Just useless endeavours. You are a loser. Besides, just because you control these fragile worlds, does not mean you can compare with me," he laughed.