Power

The tranquil serenity of the Churning Circle shattered abruptly, torn apart by thunderous explosions that reverberated through the vast expanse.

My heart sank as I watched Bai Mingling's guilt-ridden expression, her eyes betraying her apprehension. "Did you... why?" I asked, my voice tinged with sorrow. Tears welled in Bai Mingling's eyes as she averted her gaze, unable to meet my eyes directly.

Dark energy crackled in the air as the Demon Emperor materialized before us, his eyes ablaze with bloodlust. "Jiang Meng, I have found you at last," he said with an inexplicable heated longing.
"You've led him here. I am such a fool," I accused, my voice trembling with a mixture of anger and betrayal.

I glanced at Man Chiu and sneered, observing his madness with a newfound clarity. Bai Mingling remained silent, evading my gaze. Beside her, Xue Zhanglun shifted into a defensive stance, prepared for the impending battle.

The Demon Emperor's gaze bore down on me, his voice dripping with desperation, "return to the palace with me, Jiang Meng. You belong by my side."

My defiance flared. "Man Chiu, I will never go back to you. Why are you even here? Sha Sha is waiting for you; go back to your palace and rule with your woman. Leave me alone!" I spat.

Xue Zhanglun stepped forward, his resolve evident in his firm stance. "We will not let you take here," he declared, his eyes burning with determination.

A cruel smile played on the Demon Emperor's lips as he faced Xue Zhanglun. "As my empress, you belong in my palace. You have been momentarily led astray by this thing, but it ends now. Let us put this all behind us and come home," he commanded, his intentions clear.

With a surge of determination, Xue Zhanglun and I launched ourselves at Man Chiu, our movements fluid and precise. Man Chiu countered with skillful strikes, his movements swift and deadly. The ensuing battle was fierce, two against one, each side matched in skill and unwavering resolve.

"Bai Mingling!" shouted Man Chiu. She glanced in his direction, her expression unchanged. "Join me and end this," he commanded. Seizing the opportunity, I directed a powerful blow at his chest, causing him to spit out a mouthful of blood.

Man Chiu's eyes filled with rage as he spoke coldly, "I have held back, not wishing to harm you. But it seems I must show you my true power. Bai Mingling, why do you hesitate? Do you not understand the consequences of betraying your emperor?"

Bai Mingling hesitated briefly, but as she witnessed the intensity of the battle unfolding before her, a fire ignited within her, dispelling her doubts. With a fierce cry, she joined the fray, her movements a whirlwind of ferocity and grace. Together, the three of us fought against Man Chiu, our determination unyielding.

"You betrayed me," the Demon Emperor growled, his voice echoing through the Churning Circle. "After all I've done for you, this is how you repay me?"

Bai Mingling met his gaze with defiance. "I did it to save Jiang Meng from your tyranny," she shot back, her voice trembling with emotion. The Demon Emperor's laughter pierced the air, chilling all who heard it. "You think you can outsmart me? You forget who I am."
But Bai Mingling stood her ground, her eyes ablaze with determination. "I remember everything now. It is you who have forgotten," she declared, her voice resolute. "And I will do whatever it takes to protect Jiang Meng."

Despite Man Chiu's formidable skills, we pressed on, our attacks relentless and unyielding. Each strike we landed on him inflicted real pain and damage, absorbed by the Churning Circle's ever-revolving cycles. Xue Zhanglun and I fought without reservation, our powers harmonizing in a deadly symphony.

Suddenly, Xue Zhanglun reached into midair and retrieved a flaming sword, sending its fiery force straight at Man Chiu. The electric fire cut through the tense air, crackling with power, and landed squarely on Man Chiu, slicing him from shoulder to hip. As the flames consumed him, he fell to his knees, writhing in agony.