Captives

The war waged by the demons transformed into a brutal massacre of celestials. Once formidable, the celestial armies crumbled under the Demon King's overwhelming force. Empowered by my power core, his strength skyrocketed, reaching a level unparalleled in the three realms. This enhancement was not merely a boost in raw power, it exponentially magnified his innate abilities and healing radius, creating a near-impenetrable shield for his demon legions. As long as they remained within the aura of their indomitable king, they were virtually unassailable.

The demon forces, invigorated by an unbroken chain of triumphs, seemed to grow in ferocity with each passing moment. The celestial forces, once radiant with hope and courage, now faced a relentless tide of darkness, an adversary that was not just physically overpowering but also unyielding in its pursuit of total conquest.

Hovering within his impenetrable sphere of protection, I watched on as celestials defences crumbled like sandcastles before the tsunami of Man Chiu's demon hordes, an unstoppable tide of darkness and fury, inching relentlessly towards the heart of the celestial domain.

Man Chiu's ambition was clear and chilling. His eyes, alight with a malevolent glint, were fixed on a singular, devastating objective. "I will bring the Sun Emperor to his knees," he declared, his voice booming like thunder, echoing across the battlefield. "He will witness the fall of his empire, and in his despair. He will have no choice but to dismantle the Churning Circle."

"How does this differ from the ancient battles, Man Chiu? Once again, it seems I am an instrument of destruction and despair."

Man Chiu, his face alight with the fervor of battle, turned to me, his smile both beautiful and terrifying. "Ah, but you see this time, it's different. We don't slaughter the innocents, nor those who lay down their arms. Our wrath is reserved only for those who dare stand against us. War, inevitably, is a harbinger of death, but from its ashes springs new life. This war marks the end of celestial tyranny and the rise of a new equilibrium," he replied.

As each celestial stronghold fell, Man Chiu's forces edged closer to the inner sanctum. The air was heavy with the scent of scorched earth and magic, when suddenly the celestials picked up their pace, cheering and fighting with renewed rigor. I glanced at the skyline in expectation, the sight that greeted my eyes confirmed my guess.

Bai Longwang emerged, his majestic dragon form slicing through the skies, flanked by three other dragons of immense power and stature. Behind them are waves and waves of celestials of all shapes and sizes backed by a blinding light.

"The Four Emperors of the Celestial Seas have finally graced us with their presence," Man Chiu remarked, his eyes gleaming with arrogance. In response to this new threat, he transformed into his true form, morphing into a phoenix of colossal scale, dwarfing the dragons as if they were mere serpents before his majestic, fiery form.

Before flying off, he turned to me and said, "Your power core appears to be limitless, it is no wonder, that you had singlehandedly doomed the demon and human realms for so long. It is no wonder he is obsessed with you.... Jiang Meng, were you merely a small goddess as they said? I don't believe it. What are you?"

"I don't know..." I whispered, answering the same question in my heart, my voice a faint echo of its usual strength as he soared higher into the sky, "what am I?" Watching him use my spirit core to such devastating powers was beyond my imagination and understanding of my abilities. Perhaps, had I known the magnitude, I might have hesitated before saving him.

As the distance between us grew a corresponding wave of agony tore through my body. The mystery of my past ceased to matter as I writhed in pain, each spasm more painful than the last and more intense the further he was away from me. As Man Chiu engaged in a fierce battle with the dragons above, my world was reduced to unrelenting pain.