Bai Xiao Wei

Bai Xiao Wei hesitated before knocking on the intricately carved wooden door. She waited but there was no response, so she cautiously opened the heavy door while balancing a tray on one hand. The door creaked a little, giving way to her small steps. The room's musty smell assaulted her senses as she adjusted to the dark space. She crinkled her nose and raised her willow brows and carefully sidestepped pieces of smashed ceramics on the ground.

She sighed silently blaming fate. Since she was reborn, Xiao Wei remembered everything in her past life. She agonised over the painful memories but it gave her fuel to take her destiny into her own hands. She loved Man Chiu in her previous life but she could only offer him what was left of her broken and mutilated self. Back then she endured the malicious taunts from other but that she is given another chance, she was determined to give him the best years of her life. After getting her revenge, she will find him and begin their love story again.

She vowed that the Bai family needed to pay for all their sins. Xiao Wei's rage and hatred burned deeper than the jealousy she had always held against Bai Mingling. This time it is compounded by a thousand times by the death of her unborn children, the mutilation of her body and the daily humiliation she had endured. She had remembered all the techniques that Man Chiu had used to intimidate and inflict pain on his enemies and intended to unleash them on Bai Mingling.

The key to taking down Bai Mingling will be Hu Xuan, the careless husband who had let her down again and again. Xiao Wei knew that even though she was given another chance at life, she was still a powerless girl with a useless father and careless mother. She needed to tread carefully to enact her plan and use the only available tool she has to get revenge. Xiao Wei knew she needed to use her beauty and hook Hu Xuan over to her side. Only the Hu family can oppose the Bai Regent's powers and Hu Xuan was the one person that can unhinge the privileged Bai brat.  In short, she designated Hu Xuan as the sharpest blade she can wield against Bai Mingling.

Xiao Wei waited patiently, swallowing her pride and worked on Bai Mingling so that her family can stay at the Bai residence. She needed to wait for that opportunity to save Hu Xuan and start her revenge. But Xiao Wei could not plan for the early appearance of Man Chiu. He appeared before her in the same wooden wheelchair and the same handsome face. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw his young face. The last time she saw him was when she held his cold body in her arms. At that time her life had ended with his.

He gave her one look and her knees weakened. After years of serving him, she knew that she must have this man again. He spoke to her gently and asked her many questions about her enemy, Bai Mingling. Unable to resist him, Xiao Wei had struggled to contain her jealousy as she answered every question like a dumb idiot. The deep hatred leaked out from her every word and expression but he didn't seem to care.

Man Chiu offered to help her if she would come with him. He will wipe the Bai family once they are useless to him, but for now, they must remain unharmed. She had felt elated, the opportunity to have a powerful backer and the offer to stay by his side much earlier than she had anticipated was better than finding gold falling from the skies. Xiao Wei made the first mistake in accepting his offer. He had one request before they can depart, and when she heard his request, ripples of jealousy and rage flirted through her heart. He wanted to meet Bai Mingling.

Nevertheless, she still brought out Bai Mingling on the pretence of finding a present for Madame Bai. Bai Mingling never left the Bai residence without her mother, so she jumped at the opportunity without suspicion. After Man Chiu spoke a few words with Bai Mingling the light of anticipation in his eyes faded and the handsome face returned to its cold natural state. Xiao Wei was satisfied that he did not have any feelings for Bai Mingling but her glee waned when he treated her equally coldly.