He acted

I crashed as soon as my head touched the hard pillow. Since the kidnapping, I have been on edge and can say that I have not had a proper sleep and nor felt rested. Maybe because I now have hope that I could be reunited with my family soon, but I slept like a log all night. I only woke once the sun shone through the paper windows and hit my face.

I felt the truth of the power of sleep, something that science have studied and proven over and over again. The clarity and energy I have is enough to deal with that crazy man. My mind raced quickly, running through what words I will use to turn the crazy yandere character into a friend instead of an enemy. As long as he agrees that I can go home, I might be able to convince the Bai family to help him in the succession fight against his sisters.

Armed with a strategy, I quickly got out of bed, filled with energy and optimism. The sun is up, the sky is blue and even the birds' noisy chirps sounded lyrical to my ears. I greeted Xiao Shi with a bright smile and helped her prepare breakfast for the three of us. Then the two of us went to check up on Man Chiu. The man no longer looked like he was sleeping peacefully, his eyebrows are scrunched and furrows lined his smooth forehead.

"That is a sign that his powers are wearing out and he would wake up soon," observed Xiao Shi.

"I both hope and dread the moment that he will wake," I said.

"Why is that? He is so handsome so, surely he can't be that bad?" she asked.

I nodded my head knowingly and felt that I like this girl even more now as like me, she belongs to the good looks fan club. I understand her completely, I really do.  But despite knowing that she does not have a simple background, her words and actions carry an endearing naivety.

"Looks can be deceiving," I replied with an air of mystery.

How can I explain to her that she is a character in an adult webnovel filled with yandere men? No matter how good they look or how sweet their words are, they are all cunning and ruthless wolves under sheep clothing. They will only submit to one woman and will only treat her like precious jewels while they trample and kill others without blinking. The worst of them all is probably this guy here, that is if you rank by obsessiveness and ruthless obedience.

"Okay, let's forget about him for a while. What needs to come will come. Miss Bai, let's eat breakfast and we can see what we can do for him later. My master hasn't responded yet, so I am not sure if he got the message. I will try again soon," she said.

I smiled and nodded. The magic in this world is quite fascinating and actually so advanced that these martial artists can communicate with each other via telepathy. I made a mental note to have Second Brother teach it to me later.

"Sounds like a plan. I wonder where Hu Xuan have gotten up yet. Shall we go to find him?" I asked.

"I'll go wake him up first and give him the potion, if I delay too long, I am afraid that there will be consequences," said Xiao Shi.

"Alright, but once brother comes I'll ask him to give Hu Xuan the antidote straight away. Doing this is quite cruel and must be stopped. Xiao Shi go quickly before the food gets cold," I said as I sat down and poured tea into three cups so that it will cool down.

I blew at the tea whole eyeing the delicious stir-fried noodles and soupy congee with gluttonous eyes. Soon the tea cooled down enough but the two haven't emerged. I could see that the food is no longer steaming and has gone cold. I hastily took it back into the kitchen to put it in the steamer to warm up.

Starting to run out of patience I decided to go to find them. As I stepped out, I walked past Man Chiu's bed towards Hu Xuan's room. I could see the man stir and groggily sit up. Alarmed I quickly rushed to Hu Xuan's room so I can get reinforcements. Actually, the kidnapping incident has scarred me and I dislike the idea of being alone with Man Chiu.