HATE PT.3

Andrew and I were currently staying in Malibu, just a couple of months into our vacation; this past few weeks have been absolutely amazing

****

Andrew and I have gotten even closer, our relationship's at a better stage than ever before.

Andrew was currently walking Padfoot as I cooked dinner for the both of us; I nearly gagged as the smell of the garlic I was cutting filled my nostrils.

I had been feeling quite nauseous the past few days, and I had not gotten my period yet. I had yet to talk to Andrew about this all; as much as I was excited at the possibility of finally being pregnant, I really didn't want, nor need, to get mine or his hopes up for nothing.

I turned around as I heard the front door open, the sound of padded footsteps ringing in my ears.

"Well, hello there, thought you'd be asleep," Andrew teased as he walked up to me, wrapping his arms around my middle from behind.

I chuckled and wrapped my own arms around his, "you say that as if I usually sleep 24/7"

I felt him shrug behind me, "not saying you usually do," he trailed off, "but you have been feeling quite tired lately, haven't you?"

I pondered his question in my head for a bit and nodded slowly.

"About that," I started, switching off the stove and turning around in his hold.

"Yeah?" He encouraged, holding me close to him and resting his head on my shoulder.

I took a deep breath, "I have been thinking about this for a while, but you have to promise me you won't get your hopes up," I wrapped my arms around his neck.

Andrew slowly pulled it off our embrace, "what's going on?" He asked concerned.

I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply, "my period is late, and I've been feeling really nauseous and tired lately, so I thought, you know..." I trailed off, casting my gaze to the ground.

I felt two gentle fingers lift my chin up, my eyes meeting Andrew's chocolate brown ones, "it's okay, you know it won't change what's between us, nothing will," he assured, "don't get me wrong, I'll be over the moon if that's the case, but even if you aren't pregnant, I'll still love you the same, and we'll still be a family, me, you, and Padfoot," he pressed a soft kiss to my temple.

I smiled lovingly at him, pressing a kiss to his lips, "I got a test in the bathroom, wanna come with me?"

Andrew hummed and pulled away from me, holding his hand out for me to take, leasing me to the bathroom while swinging our arms back and forth; he's such a kid, and I love him for that.

****

Andrew and I sat on the bathroom floor as we waited for the timer on his phone to go off, our backs to the sink, shoulders touching, his hand folded in mine.