GOOD PARENTING-ANDREW GARFIELD

Requested on insta

Single dad Andrew

Andrew's a single dad and his daughter asks him about sex and all that, they have a great relationship btw

Andrew's pov

I was sitting on the couch reading a book when I heard the door of the house slam shut, "I'm gonna have fourteen babies out of wed before I'm even thirty!" My daughter, Lynn, exclaimed.

I furrowed my brows, "what?" I chuckled, "don't you think fourteen is a tad bit too much?"

Lynn groaned and threw her backpack on the floor, plopping on the couch right next to me, "today Mr. Avery told us that one of our classmates is dropping out cause she's pregnant," she shrugged, "I don't know, I guess that made me realize how truly little I know about the topic of sex," she sighed, "I mean, it's not like at school they teach us a lot about it."

I sat up straighter and wrapped my arm around her shoulders protectively, "well, I can't promise it won't be awkward, but I can answer any questions you have, I mean, I'd rather you and me both be embarrassed right now than sorry later because I didn't teach you those things when I could," I shrugged, "I want you to have the right education, even sex Ed, especiallysex Ed."

Lynn grinned up at me, "thanks dad, you're the best," she smiled, hugging me tightly.

I chuckled, "of course," I assured, "what do you wanna know?" I questione

Lynn looked at me sheepishly, "all I know is what the act is, I don't really know anything else," she confessed.

I nodded, "alright, let's start with that," I mumbled, "you see, sex isn't only penetration, it's much more complex than that," I explained, "there's different kinds of sex, there's oral and there's penetration, and sex isn't just the act itself," I clarified, "it's kind of a journey through your partner's body, one isn't just born a sex god or anything like that, skills come with experience and time," I said, "you learn what your partner likes either by discovering or simply by asking"

Lynn furrowed her brows, "but how can I tell somebody else what I like if I don't know? Like, if it's my first time I can't know what I enjoy, right?"

I shrugged, "not necessarily," I ran my fingers through her hair, gently, "you can learn about your own body and what you like and enjoy through yourself."

Lynn tilted her head to the side, "you lost me," she mumbled.

I chuckled, "masturbating," I explained, "self pleasure is not the way everybody paints it, it's not something bad or gross," I assured, "it can help in so many ways, both physically and mentally," I said, "you can experiment however you like and you can find out what you enjoy, you can use your hands or sex toys, just remember to clean them, and it also helps you relax, it can help you fall asleep, and it's something enjoyable that you don't need to justify," I told her honestly, "oh, and I heard it can also help relieve period cramps."

Lynn chuckled, "how do you know that?"

I laughed, "I have had girlfriends honey, like I said, you learn a lot about your partner's body through sex."

Lynn nodded, "that's a lot of information," she mumbled, "wait what does masturbation have to do with me not risking getting pregnant?"

I chuckled, "well, with masturbation you certainly can't get pregnant, but that doesn't mean that If masturbation is in the picture sex can't be and vice versa," I explained, "there's not really a restriction on how to enjoy yourself, either with someone else or on your own," I said, "regarding your fear of getting pregnant, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't have sex, if you want to and feel ready obviously, just because you're held back by fear," I sighed, "honey there are many ways to prevent pregnancy, especially at this day and age," I shrugged, "there are condoms, both for men and women, birth control pills and other kinds of devices, the only thing that's not safe and makes you risk a pregnancy is not using protection or using the pull out method."

Lynn furrowed her brows, "which is..." she trailed off.

I chuckled softly, "having unprotected sex and having your partner pull out right before orgasming," I explained, "also, one common belief is that you can't get pregnant if you're on your period or if it's your first time, but that is absolutely not true," I told her, "especially when you're young, getting pregnant is very easy," I pointed out, "always use protection Lynn, not only it prevents from pregnancy, but it also protects you from most sexual transmissible diseases."

"Huh," Lynn mumbled, "well that's good to know," she tilted her head to the side, "do I have to use protection only if there's penetration or also with oral?" She questioned.

I nodded, "that's a great question, I hadn't thought about that," I admitted, "yeah you should, sexual diseases are transmissible even through oral sex, sure, the chance is lower, but it's still there."

Lynn nodded, "got it," she held her thumbs up.

I looked her straight in the eye, "if you were to ever have unprotected sex you could get the morning after pill, it's also known as plan b, but being as you're still underage you'd need me to come with you," I kissed her head gently, "I know it can be embarrassing, but I want you to know that you can, actually, scratch that, you need to come to me for help, I'll always help you, no matter what," I assured, "honey, sex is natural and I would never blame you nor shame you for choosing to partake in something you enjoy."

Lynn nodded and hugged me tightly, "thank you dad, you're the best," she smiled up at me, "can I ask something else?"

I smiled back at her and ruffled her hair, "course you can."

Lynn sighed, "how do I know if I'm ready or not?"

I pulled her close and kissed her head gently, "that's something only you can know, but I can promise you that you'll know it when the time comes," I assured her, "as long as you don't feel like you're being pressured into it, it's normal to have some doubts, but you'll know whether they're good or bad ones," I explained, "just one more thing, remember to always ask for consent and to give your own, you both need to be fully in the game," I reminded, "also, sex isn't a performance, it's something that comes the way it does, it can be soft or it can be a bit harsher, it can last long or not, and the goal of sex isn't necessarily reaching an orgasm, its a perfectly enjoyable experience even if it doesn't end with climax, its not always gonna happen, and that's okay," I assured, "sex is beautiful, unless you're asexual, which is a completely different thing related to sexuality and not to experience, you can have a lot of fun during sex if its something you want to do, you can laugh, you can joke, you can play and you can chat, as long as you're comfortable everything will be alright honey."

Lynn looked up at me and smiled softly, "thanks dad, I don't know what I would do without you," she hugged me tightly, "I love you so much dad," she whispered in my shirt.

I smiled down at her and tightened my arms around her, kissing her head gently, "I love you too baby, thank you for trusting me."

She smiled at me, "always dad."

I tickled her side, "and now you won't have to have fourteen babies out of wedlock before you're even thirty," I laughed as she hit my chest gently, groaning out in fake annoyance.

God, I loved my daughter 

A/N: what do you guys think?