I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE- DESMOND DOSS

I tapped my foot anxiously against the marble concrete floor as I waited for the train to arrive to the station

The moment I heard the long awaited whistle, I could not keep still, my knee bouncing up and down, my fingers fidgeting and my whole body shaking, "please be in there," I whispered to myself, my eyes closing in prayer and plea, "please don't let him be dead, please," I breathed out.

The train suddenly stopped, the doors opening loudly; my heart thumped nervously against my ribs, my trembling increasing devastatingly fast.

The first few men started getting out of the train, and my heart just wouldn't stop it's nervous thumping, the people around me crying of joy for the return of their loved ones.

Then I saw him; Desmond, my beautiful Desmond, crutches in hand and a bruised face, dressed in his uniform, eyes scanning the platform for me.

Before he could even fully step on the floor, I rushed to him and crashed into his body at full speed, my arms tight around his neck, my head buried in his shoulder, my tears falling freely as his own arm wrapped around me.

"Oh, Desmond!" I cried out, "oh, my love, thank you, thank you, thank you," I mumbled.

Desmond held me tight to his side, "hello my love," he whispered softly in my ear, "I told you I'd come back to you."

I chuckled a chocked laugh, "I'm so glad you're here," I said, "I'm so glad you're alive," I tightened my arms around him, "oh, Desmond love, we're so happy," I cried.

Desmond rubbed my back gently, "who's we?" He asked confusedly.

My eyes widened slightly, "I might have a little surprise for you," I whispered softly, "just promise me you won't faint and break your other leg."

Desmond chuckled softly, "promise."

I took a big inhale of his calming scent and slowly pulled away from him, letting him get a good look at me.

"You're so beautiful," he whispered, "how is it that you get more and more beautiful every time I see you?" He said lovingly.

I smiled softly at him and shook my head, feeling heat rush up to my cheeks and neck, "thank you love," I whispered, "but that's not what I wanted you to see."

Desmond tilted his head to the side, "then what?" He chuckled.

I smiled tentatively at him and slowly opened up my coat, smothering my dress.

His gaze followed my hands and he gasped softly, "oh," he whispered, "wow," he chuckled, his eyes glossing over, "that surely is a surprise."

Desmond slowly reached his hand out, "can I?" He whispered softly.

I smiled at him and grasped his hand in my own, guiding it to rest on my bump.

Desmond let his hand sprawl over my stomach, his fingers stroking my bump gently over my dress, his soft breath coming out chocked and ragged as he tried to hold in his tears.

I wiped a stray tear off his cheek, my hand resting on his soft, bruised skin, "how far along are you?" He asked softly.

I smiled at him and grabbed his face gently in my hands, "just a little over five months," I smiled, "guess what if is," I grinned at him, "I'll give you a hint, it's what you always wanted," I smiled at him.

Desmond chocked out a sob, "a boy?" He whispered, "we're having a boy?"

I smiled at him and nuzzled my nose against his, "we're having a boy," I confirmed.

In that moment, baby Doss decided to make his presence known, kicking softly against his father's hand; Desmond looked at me with wide eyes and his mouth hung open, "did he just—" he chocked out, "did he just kick?" He whispered.

I nodded, "he did," I confirmed, "he's heard a lot about his daddy, now he's finally meeting him," I smiled up at him, "he's happy," I whispered, "he kicks like this when he's happy."

In the blink of an eye, Desmond's free arm was wrapped steadily around my waist, his lips pressing against mine in a passionate, hard kiss, all of his emotions pouring through it.

I pulled away slowly, "now you have to be creative love," I smiled at him, "you have to figure out a way to tell your mom and dad."

Desmond smiled so hard I thought his cheeks might stay like that forever, "you still haven't..." he trailed off.

I shook my head, "you've always wanted to be a dad, it's only right you be the one to tell your family your dream is coming true," I smiled at him, "welcome home."

Desmond smiled back at me softly, "this might just be the best homecoming gift anyone's ever received."

He shook his head in disbelief, "a baby boy," he smiled tearfully at me, "baby Doss."

I smiled at him, "baby Desmond Doss junior," I grinned up at him.

Desmond smiled wildly, "seriously?"

I laughed and buried my head in the crook of his neck, feeling his soft lips pressing affectionately against the column of my neck and collarbone, "I'm considering it," I smiled, "I'll think about it," I conceded.

I felt his lips curl up in a soft smile against my skin, "I love you," he whispered.

I nuzzled my head further in his neck and inhaled his scent once more, "I love you too."

A/N: What do you guys think?