OUR LITTLE FAMILY- ANDREW GARFIELD

Andrew's pov

Andrew's pov

"I'm nervous," y/n whispered from the bed.

I grasped her hand in my own and kissed each one of her knuckles gently, "don't be," I grasped her hand in my own, "it's gonna be okay."

She nodded and took a deep breath just as the door of the room opened.

"Hello, mr and ms Garfield," a sweet woman smiled at us, "how are you doing?"

"Nervous."

"Excited."

Y/n and I looked at each other and bursted out laughing; I leaned my forehead on hers and kissed her cheek gently, turning my gaze back to the doctor.

"Is this your first IVF treatment?" She questioned in a soft voice.

"Yeah," y/n sighed softly, "first."

The doctor gave us a small smile, "well, that's not a problem, I trust your gynecologist already talked you through this process?"

Y/n and I nodded at the same time, my hand giving hers a soft squeeze.

"Alright," the doctor closed our chart, "I wanna prepare you guys for what's to come," she sat down on a stool next to y/n's bed, "there's not a certainty that this will work on the first try, infertility is a very tough journey—"

"Wait, hold on," I cut her off mid-sentence with a chuckle, "we're not here because of fertility issues," I looked down at my wife and gave her a soft smile, "there are just some factors that made us decide we would prefer to try this way rather than with inter course."

"Oh," the woman mumbled in surprise, "can I ask..." she trailed off.

I looked down at y/n and gave her a question look, to which she responded with a nod and a soft smile.

"I'm asexual," she explained, "I do not feel sexual attraction towards anybody, so..." she trailed off.

I squeezed her hand reassuringly, my thumb swiping over her knuckles gently.

"Oh," de doctor mumbled, "well, I still have to ask some questions if you don't mind?" She scratched the back of her neck.

Y/n and I nodded simultaneously.

The woman cleared her throat softly, "have you guys recently had sex?"

I shook my head, "no, we've never had sex."

She scribbled something on her chart and let her eyes move towards y/n, "have you ever experienced abortions or miscarriages?"

Y/n chuckled awkwardly and cleared her throat, "nope, never had sex so..."

"Right!" The doctor chuckled, "sorry, these are just routine questions, I have to ask them to every couple."

We nodded, "of course."