MY FAVOURITE GIRLS- ANDREW GARFIELD

In which Andrew and reader take care of their sick daughter

I was sat at my desk, putting some files back in their folders when my phone started ringing; I picked it up and frowned when I saw my daughter's school number.

"Hello?" I said as I answered the call.

"Miss Garfield?" A voice on the other line asked.

"Yeah," I confirmed, "it's me."

The woman cleared her throat, "I'm calling to let you know that your daughter hasn't been feeling well today, she threw up and seems to have a small fever as well," she informed me, "could you or your husband pick her up?" She asked kindly.

I got up from my chair and started packing my things already, "yes, of course," I said, "I'll be there in about fifteen minutes."

"Perfect," said the woman, "we'll prepare her backpack and wait for you," she hummed.

"Thank you so much," I sighed.

I hung up the phone and patted my colleague on the shoulder, "hey Jess," I said as she turned around, "Lynn is sick, I gotta go pick her up, can you cover for me the last hour please?" I asked hopefully.

Jessica smiled at me and nodded her head, "of course," she hummed, "do you need the day off tomorrow?" She questioned sweetly.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I'm not sure, I'll see how she's feeling tonight and I'll let you know," I mumbled, "thanks Jess, I gotta go," I said as I waved at her, walking fast out of my office.

Once into my car I dialed Andrew's number and put it on speaker, "hey Drew," I said when he picked up, "do you have a minute?"

Andrew hummed, "yeah, I'm on break right now," he assured me.

I sighed in relief, "listen I'm going to pick Lynn up from school," I started, "her teacher called me and told me she threw up and has a bit of a temperature, so you don't have to pick her up when the day ends, alright?" I rushed out.

Andrew sighed softly, "is she okay?" He questioned.

I shrugged, "I'm not sure, hopefully it's just a bug or something," I mumbled.

"Alright," said Andrew, "I'll try and be home soon as well, I love you, let me know how she is?" He questioned softly.

I nodded, even though I knew he couldn't see me, "course," I assured him, "I love you too."

****

Entering the school in a rush I reached the reception, "hi," I said breathlessly to the petite woman on the other side of the desk, "I'm here to pick up Lynn Garfield, I'm her mother."

The lady looked at me and smiled, "of course, miss Garfield, I'll go get her," she informed sweetly.

"Thank you," I breathed out.