UNPLANNED- ANDREW GARFIELD

"Holy shit," I breathed out as I stared at the two pink lines in front of me

Andrew and I had been together for almost two years, and while we had always talked about starting a family, I surely didn't expect that to happen so soon.

I sighed as I slid down the shower door, leaning my head against it, hands on my knees, test in my lap.

I looked down to my left and found my dog's big eyes staring right back at me, almost sympathetically; I reached out and gently patted his snout, "oh, Padfoot, your mom's in deep shit," I chuckled softly, "what do you think daddy will say, hmmm?"

"Darling," Andrew's voice rang through the apartment, "I'm home!"

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

"Darling?"

I let out a heavy sigh, "in the bathroom," I called out.

"Are you okay?" Andrew asked as he leaned against the doorframe.

I looked up at him and shrugged, "I think you should sit down," I told him as I motioned with my hands for him to sit down onto the floor with me.

Andrew did as told and sat down next to me, his shoulder brushing against mine, "what's going on, is everything okay?" He asked worriedly as he folded my hand in his.

I took a deep breath and grabbed the test, placing it on his lap.

"What—" his question got caught in his throat as he started at the positive pregnancy test, "are you serious?" He asked in a whisper.

"Yep," I said, popping the p, "but I'm not sure, I only took this one, so maybe it's better if I take a couple more," I said as I ran my fingers through my hair.

At his silence I turned my head to look at him; his mouth hung wide open, and I could see tears threatening to spill from the corners of his eyes.

"Are you okay?" Now it was my turn to ask.

Andrew nodded multiple times, "yeah," he breathed out, "yeah, I'm okay, I'm just happy," he choked out.

"You are?" I asked, my tone betraying my bad concealed surprise.

"What?" He asked quickly, "what are you talking about, of course I'm happy," he said; he took my hands in his and held them tightly, "why wouldn't I be?"

I shrugged slowly, "you just started filming with your new project, this is gonna be a pain in the ass for you," I said, "you know, the doctor's appointments, pregnancy symptoms, pregnancy hormones, and all of that shit..." I trailed off.

"How could you think that?" He sounded so hurt I wished I could just swallow my words back down my throat.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled as I pressed my forehead against his, "I just, you know, never thought it'd be this early."