8

Upon entering the bar, you noticed the one person whom you thought you wouldn't meet was there.

You turned to the bartender "I'll take some whiskey, please." The bartender nodded and got right to work with your drink.

You turned to the man to your right "What are you drinking?"

Odasaku turned to you in surprise before replying "Coffee, I don't drink much."

You nodded "I don't either, this is my first time trying whiskey."

"Is that so? Why try it all of a sudden?"

"I wanted a change." You said thanking the bartender and taking a sip of the whiskey.

It wasn't bad..

"Your usual is wine right?" He said seeing you drink the Whiskey.

You let out a small laugh "Can you tell?"

"Yeah, not a bad thing though."

You found him amusing, perhaps the two of you could possibly get along.

"Say, what's your name?" You said turning to him completely.

"Oda Sakunosuke, Yours?"

"Chuuya Nakahara."

You weren't quite used to introducing yourself like that.

A flash of recognition appeared in Odasakus eyes "Nice to meet you then, Chuuya."

"Nice to meet you too, Oda."

The two of you chatted with eachother, honestly he wasn't a bad person to talk to. If anything, he's probably the closest you'll get to talking with a normal person. He reminded you of your friends..

Who you deeply missed.

When you had left the bar, you walked down the alleyways of Yokohama with wobbly legs. When you turned the corner of an Alleyway, you felt your legs give up on you. You closed your eyes and awaited for impact.

The impact never came though, instead you were caught in someones arms.

You cursed yourself out at how careless you could be to leave yourself so defenseless, you groggily opened your eyes, and when you finally focused..

"Woah there, watch where your- oh, what an interesting sight." He said adjusting his grasp on you.

"Hey, you're drunk right?" You mumbled something incoherent, but he got the memo.

"Don't worry, you have the worlds best detective in your care." You liked the sound of that, it sounded comforting, and in your drunk state it made you feel overly emotional.

"Do you know your way home?" You shook your head, you obviously couldn't take him to the Port Mafias headquarters.

"Very well then." He said scooping you up in his arms "I'll take you back to where I work, you can rest in the infirmary there."