23

"I can't believe he wants us to go buy the finest wine and beer..we aren't some errand runners!"

"I know dude, but what can we do about it? If we disobey the boss we're toast."

"What could he possibly want with beer and wine anyways?"

"No clue."

You heard their footstep's quiet down as they walked down the hall.

"..Damn, so we aren't even safe in our own work environment, huh?" You muttered sighing "This might be a little more harder than I thought.."

You looked up at Dazai who had a conflicted look on his face.

"What are you thinking?"

He sighed "It's a silly idea, but for the both of us to temporarily get out of here we'd have to pretend we got sick from yesterday."

You nodded "Thats only temporary though, what should we do to get him off our backs? Stop being friends? Pretend like we hate each other? Fake our d-"

"You're much more stressed than I thought." He said cutting you off with his laugh "Fake our deaths? Cmon Chuuya this is the Port Mafia."

You sighed "Right. So, how do you say we go about faking out sickness?"

Dazai grinned and took something out of his coat, you could see his shadow drink something, and you had no clue what was to come..

He bent down and kissed you.

That was only half of it.

He put his hands on your waist, and squeezed your sides lightly. With you opening your mouth in surprise, he slid his tongue in your mouth.

He pulled away, and there was a small string of saliva covering the two of you.

"That should do it." He said coughing "We're both temporarily going to get symptoms like we're sick."

"You.." you were at loss for words "What did you give me?"

"Just a little posion~ you know, I've been saving this for a special occasion. So~ why not use it with my dear partner?" He laughed.

You punched him in the chest, grabbing a fistful of his coat with your hand before remembering something..

'your partner will know what to do next. Trust them and their instinct.'

"Damn.." you said laughing and letting go of his coat "Fine. So, what's the plan? Don't you think Mori will send someone to care for us?"

"Normally yes, but would he send someone when they're infected with a highly toxic and spreadable disease? No."

"Dazai..disease? toxic?" You rubbed your mouth with the arm of your sleeve.

"I'm highly offended, was my kissing that bad?" He said deflating.

"No. I'm grossed out that I just ingested a disease from you."