42

You paused your organizing "Well, I am. It's bad, but its for the better."

"You're lying though."

"Ranpo, I know." You said sighing "I..dont exist here though. Even if they do end up knowing my name, they can never know who I truly am, Even If I wanted them to."

"Ah, I see." He says taking a bite out of his donut "Even if they knew you, they wouldn't even know what you look like or who you are as a person."

"Exactly." You said tying up the file and throwing yourself back on the couch to finally relax "My that was draining, I could really use a nap.."

"Alright, I think you've done plenty of that [Name]." He said standing up "Follow me! You need to meet the President."

That definitely woke you up "Huh? Fukuzawa? So soon?" You said following him out the door.

"Of course! Dont you think the President wants to know about the person who Yosano and I vouched to put under our protection?" He said walking up to the door "As of now, all he knows is that you were an Executive of the Port Mafia. That's it." 

You nodded, and he knocked on the door twice "President, It's me Ranpo and Chuuya."

"Come in."

You were nervous, but quickly you changed that nervousness you had into excitement. Instead of thinking this as dreadful, you'll think of it like a game.

You walked in and Immediately you bowed your head.

"Thank you President for allowing the ADA to have me under their protection. I am deeply grateful for the hospitality and kindness your agency has shown towards me." 

Though you couldn't see it, but the President was amused and very interested in who you are. A Mafia Executive bowing their head and thanking an enemy organization was unheard of.

"You may raise your head." He said.

You lifted your head.

"The both of you, come sit down." 

You and Ranpo both sat down. Fukuzawa invited the two of you to tea, in which you immediately agreed to. Ranpo declined politely.

Once everything had settled, the long awaited conversation finally began.

"What is your name?"

"Chuuya."

The President looked at you unimpressed "Your actual name."

"My name is [Name]." You said taking a sip of your tea.

"My name is Fukuzawa, It's a pleasure to meet you."

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Fukuzawa." You said.

"Now that you've finally awoken, It is to my understanding that you are a special case that required to be under our protection. A Mafia Executive being causal friends with my subordinates is something I do not allow to slide." He said turning his gaze to Ranpo for a split second, who was facing the other way sucking on a lollipop "However, I will let you explain yourself before I decide on punishing them or not."