55

"So, you're telling me that you left, adopted a kid, and are calling me when he's somewhat near death?"

"Unfortunately, yeah."

"[Name], would it kill you to at least tell me why you left? Why he's so battered up?" Yosano said frowning "I don't mind helping you, but It's getting hard when I'm kept in the dark about serious things like this. I feel like I don't even know you anymore.."

You looked at Atsushi, who was now sleeping peacefully from Yosano healing him.

"I left because I have problem that I need to deal with on my own. You or the Agency cannot help me with them."

"How are you so sure when you've never once discussed your problems with us?"

You momentarily made eye contact with her before turning your gaze back onto Atsushi "Yosano, With the ability Ive been blessed with, I am able to deduct many things without even asking."

You looked at her boredly with your hand on your chin "Nobody would help me with my problems."

She stayed quiet, before sighing.

"You're so mysterious."

"It's what makes everyone come back isn't it?"

"What do you mean?" She said as she packed her tools away.

"My mysteriousness is what attracts my enemies and ally's. You and Ranpo helped me because the two of you felt the pull, and were curious as who I am to make the two of you feel such a thing." You said "My enemies come back because they're curious as to how I am capable of what I do."

She stayed silent before answering.

"What am I to you then?"

"My friend." You said not missing a beat "Friends help each other out."

"..That's right. Friends do help eachother out." She said with a small smile on her face "You wouldn't tell me what happened to the boy even if I asked, right?"

"Bingo."

"That's fine, as his guardian, be more careful." She said hoisting her bag on her shoulder "Will I see you soon?"

"Maybe, maybe not." You said shrugging.

Yosano stared at you with sad eyes, what had happened to the person she once knew?

"I'll be on my way, take care."

"You too." You said dismissively.

She took her stuff and left.

You stayed seated in your chair, thinking of the way she was staring at you the whole time. It was as clear as day that she wanted more from you, she wanted the old you back.

But that you is long gone, and even if what you said hurt her because you couldn't depend on them to help you with your problems, the harsh truth is..

Any sane human wouldn't help you in destroying the world.

"[Name]"