41

"Yosano, you feel it too don't you?"

"Feel what?"

"You also feel the pull to protect her at all costs." He said watching you approach Kunikida.

"Why do you say that?" She said watching you and Kunikida have a conversation.

"You wouldn't have helped me vouch to the president to have her under our protection." He said smiling at you messing with Kunikida a bit.

"I do, I feel the pull. It's almost instinct to treat her like shes..one of us. Family." She said sighing at seeing Kunikida start lecturing you "That's our cue."

You sat down on the chair infront of Kunikida, who was lecturing you on and on about how walking after waking up is unhealthy.

"You should be busy resting! Your bones aren't used to walking around, and you likely will feel stiff. To reduce stiffness, you should stretch on your bed."

You watched him go on and on, before you realized something. He was treating you very casually, like he knew you. 

You narrowed your eyes at him.

"Kunikida, give the girl a break. The last thing she needs is a lecture about her health, believe me I've already done it." Yosano said sighing at him "Don't you have something to say to her?"

You were confused, what were you missing here?

"What do you mean?" You said turning to Yosano.

Kunikida pushed up his glasses "I was the one who watched over you and fed you." 

You were surprised. Kunikida did all of that for someone he doesn't know? 

"..Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time out of your work to watch over me and feed me whilst I was unconscious." You said to Kunikida, who was surprised to see a kid with manners.

"It wasn't a problem at all." He said waving you off "I am glad to finally be able to meet you, [Name]." 

"Nice to meet you too, Kunikida." You said smiling at him before you gave Ranpo a look, and he understood what you were trying to say and he shook his head.

Oh my, he doesn't know you were with the Port Mafia?

"I have to get back to work, But if you need any help with anything don't be afraid to ask." Kunikida said before turning to continue finish his paperwork.

You nodded before getting up from the chair next to him and heading off to the back to get started on your research. With your skills from the Port Mafia you could easily make a plan and start gathering evidence and answers that you need.

Firstly, you need to figure out what had happened when you fell unconscious. Obviously Dazai was the one who walked into the room, but what did Odasaku do after? You needed answers.

You scanned through the files the ADA had stashed about this matter, and you were able to find Odasakus number, a completely new number.

You grabbed the phone nearby and put in Odasakus number, just as you were about to press the button, you paused. 

Would he be angry at you?