14

"I was, what did you mean by calling Dazai a child in a grown teenagers body?"

"I mean it exactly as how it sounds. Haven't you noticed that almost everywhere Dazai goes, he's typically the smartest one in the room?" You saw Chuuya nod slowly.

"Yeah..what about it?"

"He's been like that ever since he was young. He never got the opportunity to be guided because he was always smarter than the adults around him." You then thought about him when he met Mori "When a child doesn't have the chance to grow, they will get lost."

"You're kidding.."

"I'm not."

"How do you know so much?" He said "It's kinda creepy honestly.."

"I read alot of books about psychology, I also liked reading character analysis on you guys when I was bored." You said shrugging your shoulders.

"..is that how you were able to know so much about my past?"

"Yeah? I know everything about you."

"Like that's not creep at all.." he said shivering "I only know you from those memories you had."

"Is that so? What do you think of me?"

"You're lucky. I can tell you that much."

Ah, you knew exactly what he meant. You weren't forced into joining a life of death, instead you were allowed to have an opportunity to pursue any dream you want. You also had parents, friends, and a place to belong.

"Say, who the hell is Stephen Curry? And why is he always mentioned to you by your teammates?"

Your mouth formed an O and you doubled over, absolutely loosing it.

"..Huh?"

You couldn't stop, you completely forgot about the inside joke you and your teammates had.

"Uhm, it's kinda hard to explain.." you said trying to stop your fits of giggles "So hes a very talented basketball player who excels at 3 point shots. My teammates call me 'Stephen Curry' because I made the first three pointer our freshman year together." You said smiling at the memory.

"Oh, I see. You know, for someone who's not that tall..are you sure you're going to be able to du-"

"Are you doubting me? Of course I'll be able to dunk by my senior year. Anything is possible if I put my mind to it."

"..Sure." He said sounding unconvinced.

"Dude, you're literally shorter than me?"

"So?"

"Can you dunk?"

"Of course."

You scoffed "As if! Without your ability you can probably only get a couple inches off the floor!"

"Hey! Watch your mouth." He said scowling "I'm sixteen! I'm still growing."