49

San's pov:

It has been 3 days since he last spoke with me.

I watch him hurriedly get up from the table as soon as he's done eating. I don't bother trying to be subtle as I observe him from where I'm sitting, my head resting on my hands. He mutters something to Yeosang before rushing upstairs.

I feel everyone turn to look at me the minute he's gone.

"..So.."

I share a look with Hwa before turning my attention to Yunho.

This is ridiculous. I know he's been avoiding both me and Hwa on purpose. I push my plate away and get up.

"I'm going up" I mutter before rushing up the stairs after Wooyoung.

Wooyoung's pov:

Every time I look at him I find my insides twisting in an unpleasant way with all the memories of that disastrous day flashing through my brain.

"Ugh" I groan running my hand through my hair.

I always thought the little voice that rarely spoke up was just another one of the echoes in my head; not an entire personality.

I feel my head spin for the millionth time and quickly walk to my bed. No

Not again.

I feel myself getting ready to slip but I'm suddenly jolted out of my regressing form by a loud knock on my door.

"Wooyoung?"

Oh no. Not him

I hold my breath as I grip the sheets I'm sitting on in a desperate attempt of not allowing myself to slip away.

"Hello? Wooyoung I know you're in there.."

I blink my eyes furiously and try to ground myself to my surrounding.

Not. Slipping. I. Am. Wooyoung.

I hear him walk away and sigh in relief before sitting upright and focusing on my surrounding again

Five things I see: bed, floor, lamp, picture, light bulb..carpet

I shift my focus to my hands next and notice how they're shaking.

Four things I feel: bed, sweater..,hair, w-wood

I run my trembling fingers lightly across the bed post and take a deep breath in an attempt of clearing my already clouded brain.

Three things I hear: c-clock..breathing...footsteps

I grab the bed for support as my vision goes blurry. I'm lightly aware of the door opening and a figure rushing towards me. I stand up even though I have zero faith in my legs right now.

Two things I smell: San' perfume, S-Sannie

I feel a pair of arms steady me as I wobble on my feet. He's saying something but I don't hear him.

I smell him.

I struggle to clear my head as I fight a silent battle between two personalities in my head, one desperately trying to come out, the other shoving it's head back down as I focus on the next sense I'm supposed to anchor on.

I physically strain my eyes open as I look up at the face close to mine. His eyes are wild, darting around the room as if he's looking for something. There's sweat running down his neck and I try not to giggle as it disappears under his hoodie.

His lips are moving and I stare at them trying to figure out what he's trying to say. In a world full of silence, I might as well learn how to read them.

I feel his hand travel to my face and giggle again. He brushes a stray lock of my hair and says something inaudible again. But this time I succeed in reading his lips.

"Wooyoung???"

I grin up at him before reciting the last part of my grounding exercise and clumsily pulling his head towards mine to smash our lips together.

One thing I can taste: San.Choi San

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehe