71

Wooyoung's pov:

I reach my room before realizing the key is with San. I bite my lip in frustration before rushing downstairs and stopping in front of San's room, closed as well.

"Uuggh" I can't help the frustrated groan that escapes my lips as I sink to the floor.

Yeosang

I close my eyes as I try to block out everything that happened today. But all I can remember is the way his face got closer and closer to mine while I froze as if an invisible force held me down. I roughly rub my lips with the sleeve of my sweater again before feeling an angry tear escape.

I trusted him

I feel a mixture of anger and sorrow cross over me as the mental image of San punching him over and over again replays through my mind.

He always knew I was into San. Even though I never told him directly.

We were best friends. Of course he knew

why does everyone end up betraying me?

I feel the sick feeling of betrayal envelope me as I suddenly realize that I'm no longer mad at San for tricking me into meeting the psychiatrist. I need San right now. I need him to know how less of a kiss that meant to me..if that could even be called a kiss.

"Ugh" I go back to rubbing my sweater on my mouth even as I feel my lips burn from the excess friction. I get up with nothing on my mind and listen for any sounds indicating that San was still going and sigh in what I assume is relief before heavily leaning against the wall in exhaustion.

I probably fell asleep standing because I'm startled awake by San's angry voice in my ear.

"I TOLD you to get off him but you didn't listen did you" I hold my breath as I feel him breathe into my ear.

"You got to kiss both of your best friends hmm? Bet you liked that" I push him away as he scoffs at me.

"I pushed him away okay?? I-I didn't expect him to--"

"Him to what? Take advantage of you when you were literally playing into his sick game?" I flinch at his tone before staring at the ground. He unlocks his door before giving me one last look and walking in.

I only hesitate for a second before rushing in behind him.

"What are you-"

"I really didn't expect this okay??? This is way harder on me than you think" I watch as his gaze softens for a moment before he scoffs again and turns his back to me.

"I-I-trusted him you know. I-believed him" I can't keep my voice from shaking as I pronounce the two dreaded words for the first time in months. San spins around to face me, his eyes searching mine. I hold my breath as he holds our gaze before sighing and gesturing for me to come over.

"Come here"

This time I don't think twice as I rush into his awaiting arms and feel his arms envelope me. I sigh against his chest as he slowly runs his hand over the back of my head. 

"San?" I ask him cautiously and get no answer.

"San. Sannie"

I sigh as he stares stubbornly at the wall, his hand still caressing my hair.

"San I'm sorry"

I feel his hand pause before hearing his gruff voice speak.

"It wasn't your fault that he decided to be an asshole"

I nod against his chest as I feel new tears leak down my eyes.

"I'm sorry for being mean earlier" I get no reply and close my eyes, determined to not let his silence discourage me.

"And.. I'm also sorry for swearing at you so much" He doesn't reply and I pull away to look at him. He continues to avoid my eyes as he stares at the blank wall ahead.

"I'm-sorry for not..listening to you" His eyes remain determinedly focused on the wall but I notice the slight tensing of his fingers.

"I--I should have listened and..and not have..um" I stutter like the pathetic fool I am and wince as San steps back from me.

I pull on the hem of my sweater before bravely stepping forward.

"you don't know how..pathetic I feel" He doesn't even flinch as I step closer to him. "I feel betrayed. So betrayed and used. I feel like half of my world has come crashing down"

He doesn't step back as I step closer.

"But more than everything I feel tainted and-dirty" His eyes widen at the last part and I continue speaking.

"I-I love Yeo so much. so much but. I feel like ripping my lips off my face. I know I probably sound stupid but--"

"you don't" I look at him and meet his eyes briefly before he looks away. I struggle to find the right words to say but end up settling for the easiest two I can manage.

"I-m sorry"

He finally looks at me before hesitantly running his fingers through my hair and softly running his thumb against my eyebrow. I close my eyes at his light touch, wanting to bask in it forever, before being gently pushed away as he wordlessly  walks right past me and locks himself in the bathroom.

............................................................................................

what do you think the next chapter is gonna be about? :)