75

Yunho's pov:

"Yeah so it was just you me and Seonghwa" Mingi's happy voice floats over from the other end of the table.

"And we were fishing in a pond of chocolate sauce?"

"Yes!!! It was amazing-oops!" Jongho doesn't say anything as Mingi hurriedly apologizes for the maple syrup he spilt on the youngers sleeve.

He hasn't spoken one word since he greeted us all with a quick 'morning' and took his seat at the front of the table. I meet Mingi's panicked eyes and shake my head lightly.

He may be scary when he's mad but that doesn't mean he's irrational about small things like this.

"I'm not gonna bite your head off Mingi"

I look up at his voice and share a look with seonghwa. Cheers to the first sentence of the day.

"Oh-yeah--I um. I'm sorry about-"

Mingi's stuttering is cut off by an amused laugh from Jongho.

"Really. It's fine"

The table falls silent as we continue eating in silence. Seonghwa keeps glancing at his watch and then at me. I'm about to break the uncomfortable silence when Jongho speaks again.

"And I'd appreciate it if you could stop treating me like I just lost my fucking dog or something. Especially you, Seonghwa hyung"

Seonghwa pauses with his fork lifted mid air before nodding quickly and clearing his throat.

"Yup. Got it. I'm sorry"

The awkward silence fills the room again but is fortunately interrupted by San being abruptly shoved into the room. I place my fork down and turn my head to observe the show that is about to play, no tickets required.

Namely, Woosan.

"Um.. Hi. Hi guys! Just give me a second I'll be back right quick" I share a look of amusement with Mingi as we hear awkward shuffling in the hallway. San is once again pushed forward and he brightly grins at us again before walking backwards and yanking on 'someone's' arm.

Wooyoung yelps dramatically before glaring at San and rubbing his arm. He takes his sweet time to meet any of our awaiting eyes.

"Um good morning I'm feeling completely fine thank you for asking no I didn't do anything reckless yes San took care of me and yes these are the pair of shorts you bought him for christmas, hyung" He addresses the last part of his sentence to Seonghwa that stares at him and San with his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

I laugh and pull the chair next to me. "About time you two came down. Food's almost over"

San sits next to me as Wooyoung sits opposite to Seonghwa and next to Jongho, who has been completely ignoring their arrival.

I watch as San piles a plate of pancakes before handing it to Wooyoung. The cheesy smile they share is hard to miss as I feel Mingi's excited eyes bore into mine.

"So...about the shorts" Seonghwa raises an eyebrow as San hurriedly looks at Wooyoung.

"Um yeah so I accidentally spilled water on my-"

"WAIT"

I hurriedly shake my head at Mingi but he's too caught up in whatever his new realization is.

"SO. When I woke up and went to check on you and knocked on your door I got no answer" Hwa turns his attention to Mingi and San stares at him in confusion.

"Not you, San. You!" Wooyoung blinks as Mingi points his finger at him.

"Mingi I-" I try to butt in but unsuccessfully.