San's pov:

I wake up with an ear splitting headache. 

I try to open my eyes but they feel too heavy. My fingers twitch as I feel something cool against my forehead.

huh?

I squint up at the figure hovering above me, his eyes full of worry and concern.

"Wooy-"

"San!"

I flinch as he drops whatever he's holding to the floor before hugging me. Or at least tries to. Events from last night pass through my brain like a low quality montage.

"What are you doing here?"  I manage to croak out before recognizing the strong smell that makes my eyes water.

Alcohol? I was drunk?

"You-you passed out after..nevermind. Hold on I'll bring a new wet cloth" I don't stop him as he hurries off. 

Gayeon. Him and her. 

She got him excited.

"pft" I laugh before staring at the ceiling. My whole body hurts as I notice the fan whirring above me.

Wooyoung returns with his cloth and tries to place it on my forehead but I stop him. He hasn't pulled the curtains open but I still don't risk looking at him.

"Thank you. You can leave now" I hear him sigh.

"No I-I need to look after you" 

I shake my head and push his hand away.

"Go. Leave. I appreciate everything you've done for me but just leave now. please"

I stay staring at the dark wall ahead of me when I hear a sniff. I tear my gaze away and onto him for half a second before immediately going back to staring at the nothingness in front of me.

He quickly wipes his face on his sleeve before speaking in a shaky voice.

"San please. Please don't be like this" His voice is a whisper, a desperate plea and I shake my head.

"Just go Wooyoung. I don't want to see you anymore. I don't want to look at you"

I ball my fists around the sheets as I hear him let out a loud broken sob.

"Sannie I'm-so-rry"

I have to press my lips together to stop the break in my voice. 

"Leave. The door's over there"

He doesn't say anything before getting up and staggering towards the door, slightly limping as I feel my blood run cold at the memory of me hurting him.

"Wait!"

Wooyoung turns around hesitantly as I switch the light on. I feel my head swim as I take in the mess he is, his jaw a sick blueish purple and his lips blood red and parched.

I feel the world spin as I try to steady myself against the standing lamp next to my bed.

"Wooyoung" My voice comes out in a whisper, no longer defiant and hateful as I take in his broken expression and unsteady form. His eyes brighten as I whisper his name.

"Wooyoung I-" 

I can't do this. Everything is just too much to handle

"Can you-you leave? please"

His momentarily bright eyes lose their sparkle as he steps back a few steps before rushing out of my door with a sob. It's only after he actually leaves my sight that I feel something break in me.