62

[A/N: this is sorta extremely long and really slow paced ( even more slow paced than usual huhu) but is important for the future chapters and storyline so..I mean yeah. That's all]

San's pov:

"And THEN we all runned to catch the ponytail" 

"..You mean we all ran to catch the pony's tail.." Mingi tires to correct him but is met with another aggressive stamp of his foot.

"No. We all runned to catch the ponytail." I watch Wooyo shake his head in frustration at his ignorant audience.

It has been exactly three days since he regressed into Wooyo. I stare at his small form and frown. We had to cancel the appointment we made for him because Seonghwa felt like taking Wooyo would be a violation we make against Wooyoung.

"You can't catch a ponytail Wooyo..as a matter of fact you can't catch a pony's tail either" Mingi looks at Yunho in confusion and Yunho just laughs shaking his head.

"You CAN catch a ponytail" I hear the slight edge to his voice and turn in my chair to face him.

"No but technically, you can't. Because-"

"Yes you CAN CAN CAN!" Mingi widens his eyes and looks at me for help.

"YOU CAN CATCH A PONYTAIL YOU CAN CATCH A PONYTAIL YOU CAN CATCH A-"  Wooyoung begins to chant loudly, his voice high and on the verge of breaking. I sigh and get up.

"Y-yes you can catch a ponytail I'm sorry I didn't mean to um..um-"  Mingi attempts to fix things but it's too late. "YOU CAN CATCH A PONYTAIL YOU CAN CATCH PONYTAIL I CAN CATCH-"

Mingi eyes me in panic and I slightly frown at him before standing in front of wooyoung. 

"Wooyo, baby" He doesn't show any change in his behavior to acknowledge he heard me and continues to rock back and forth against his chair and loudly chant the same words over and over again.

"YOU CAN CATCH A PONYTAIL YOU CAN" I hesitantly put my hand on his shoulder and wait for him to shake it off. He doesn't acknowledge the touch except for a slight tensing of his body before going back to speaking in his panicked, shrill voice. His voice is still loud, but there's a slight tremor to his voice now.

"You CAN catch a ponytail. You can catch a ponytail. You can catch a ponytail." 

I slowly move my hand to rub down his back as I speak in a controlled voice; not too loud, not too quiet. 

"Of course you can! " His body momentarily stiffens before he completely ignores me and stares at the wall behind me.

"I can catch a ponytail. I can catch ponytail. I can catch a pONYTAIL" His focus is on the wall but I make sure not to react to his sudden increase in volume again. Instead I nod my head and agree with him.

"Yes you can Wooyo! Wooyo can catch a ponytail. I know  you can" I hold my breath before letting out an internal sigh as he stops rocking back and forth.

"I can" His voice is no longer loud and I can hear the slightest trace of doubt and worry.

"Yes you can." 

Small yet firm sentences, I remind myself.

I watch him sit still in his chair, still staring blankly at the wall before speaking in a shaky voice again.

"I can catch a p-ponytail" He looks at Mingi before going back to rocking back and forth in silence.

I signal for Yunho and Mingi to leave the room before turning my attention back to Wooyoung.