Chapter 30

Leah's POV

Jennifer and I were sitting in the garden, talking about so many things but one thing never left my mind - her birthday.

I know that it's still more than a month until that but the time is running soooo...

"What do you wanna do you on your birthday?" I blurted out.

"It's still more than a month until that." She only replied.

"Time is running anyways so..."

"I just want a few people around us. Like my sisters, my mom, my dad, you, the kids and me." Jen told me.

"Really? That small?"

"Like you said on your birthday, 'it's not even a milestone birthday'"

"As you wish." I smiled before kissing her.

"I love you." She muttered against my lips.

"I love you, baby." I smiled. But we stopped kissing as we heard a noise.

"What are you two doing?" Sofia asked and sat next to us.

"Talking about Jens birthday." I responded.

"What are you planning?" She smiled excitedly.

"Just a small gathering with the family and some friends." Jen said.

"Wow... that's literally nothing." She sight.

"It is enough. It's not even a big birthday." Jen explained.

"But you should party on every birthday and not just on the big ones." Sofia said.

"I'm too old for partying." Jen said and Sofia and I immediately bursted out into laughter. "What?"

"Jen, you are the definition of partying." I chuckled and Sofia nodded.

"So what are you doing today?" Jen asked Sofia.

"Later my boyfriend picks me up." She told us. Jen smirked at her.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"When is later?" I questioned.

"In about an hour."

"But you will be back at home until six, right?" Leah asked.

"I don't think so. Why are you asking this?"

"Because we want to watch the sunset in Santa Monica and it would've been quite nice when you are coming with us." I told her.

"I don't think that's possible. But you can take me with you another time." Sofia smiled.

-

later that day

Leah's POV

"Emme, Max! Come downstairs!" I heard Jennifer shout inside.

I was sitting on the balcony, reading a book and just enjoying the evening sun and the silence until now.

"I can't!" Emme shouted back.

"You can!"

"Wait!" I heard Max shouted. The two are really getting rebellious.

"Now!" Jen commanded.

I got up and went inside. "Why are you shouting through the whole house." I asked her.

"I wanted them to come downstairs but at the moment they are rebellious." She sighted.

"I told you." I smirked.

"Its not funny."

"It is" I chuckled.

"Thanks for being so nice and coming downstairs." Jennifer teased them.

"We're going to Santa Monica." I said. Emme opened her mouth to say something but Jennifer was faster, "And yes... you two are coming with us."

They went back into their rooms and changed into something else and we quickly drove off.

"That's beautiful." Marveled Emme. "I'm happy I came with you." She smiled. "You had no choice." Max said. "Mom!" "Max!" Jen said, making me at her. "It is indeed beautiful." Jennifer smiled.

"And... we're there." I said after another ten minutes. We all got out of the car and walked to the beach.

"Can we go on the Pacific Wheel?" Max asked. "Of course" Jen said. So we walked to it and stood in line. "Lets go!" I said as it was our turn to go into the wheel. I pulled all of them into wheel. We sat down and instantly were amazed by the beautiful sunset. "You were right, this is really beautiful." Max told Emme.

"Smile" Jen said and took a picture of the cocos. "Let me take a picture of you two." Emme said and Jennifer handed Emme her phone. She took a picture and gave Jen her phone back. "Aww... Thats beautiful." I smiled. "It is." Jen agreed.

We finished our ride and went off the wheel. We walked a bit on the beach, through the water until Max suggested to get a Pizza. We got the Pizza and sat on the beach since it wasnt too dark.

-

"Baby, this was a wonderful evening." Jen told me. "It was." I agreed and laid down in bed next to her. We cuddled up into eachother and fell asleep in each other's arms.