Chapter 46

Jennifer's POV

Leah wasn't at home. She was in New York for some work. Sofia was with her boyfriend and the cocos were at Marc's so I was alone at home

I was bored. I already worked on some stuff, did my workout and cleaned the house so I had nothing left to do. So I called Shawn and asked her if she's at home and gladly she was so I drove off to her.

"The handcuffs were too tight last night?" Shawn smirked.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"Your arms, they are marked, they are red." She said, pointing at them.

"Mhm" I mumbled. "Leah and I had a wonderful night." I added.

"I see..."

"Leah was ju-" I said but immediately got cut off, "Jen, please." Shawn whined.

"That's what she said." I laughed, making Shawn roll her eyes.

"Anyway... Where is Leah?" She asked me. "She's in New York for some work." I answered.

"Isn't that hard? I mean she's like every week in New York but you two live here in Los Angeles."

"It is. But she also tries to do as much work as possible from here but to do everything is simply not possible. But it could be worse, I mean Leah is only gone for two days. It's not like she's away for two weeks." I explained.

"How can you be so chill with that?"

"At first it wasn't that easy because I was like 'I can't see my baby for days' but it got easier. And I mean, there are people out there who are only able see their love once a week or even once a month so these few days are easy." I explained.

"But what if she's away for a bit longer?" She asked.

"Well... that's not that easy. But it just happened a few times. And when she's back I get amazing sex." I grinned before taking another sip of my cocktail. Yes, it was a Friday afternoon and it was about five but Shawn and I decided to have a drink. The kids were at Marcs so I didn't had to worry about them and Leah was in New York like I told Shawn earlier so I'm probably staying here.

"Are you two going to marry?" She asked after a few moments of silence.

"Uhm... I- I don't know... Not at the moment. Well, we're a couple for two years but I mean I- we already talked about it but not that much so I don't really know about Leah's opinion on that." I told her.

"So you two are not going to marry anytime soon?"

"You want us to marry?"

"Yeah, I mean both of you in a white dress. You walking down the aisle. Then the pastor pronouncing you as 'wife and wife'. And after that a big party with all your loved ones." She said, making me smile at the thought of it.

"So if Leah and I are going to marry I'm taking you as the wedding planner" I laughed. "But you know, I don't feel like marrying Leah. It's just that- I love Leah, I really do but I am not ready to marry her yet." I explained.

"What do you mean by 'not ready'?"

"I mean it the way I say it. I'm just not ready to marry Leah. Maybe I'll never be ready and maybe I'm ready in two months."

"Hmm..." Shawn muttered.

That's how we ended the evening - by talking about random stuff. It was nice though. I really enjoy talking to her. We can talk about everything without any hesitation.