Chapter 62

Leah's POV

It was late at night but Jennifer and I were still awake. We were sitting outside with our feet hanging in to pool, talking about so many things.

"Come with me" I said out of the blue and grabbed her hand, pulling her up.

"Baby, it's 2am. Where do you wanna go?" She asked me confused.

"You'll see" I shortly replied.

Jennifer stayed quiet and followed me.

"Really Leah? You're taking me to a beach?" Jennifer said. I only nodded. "I'm freezing and it's dark." Jennifer muttered. So I gave her my sweater and pulled her into a hug. "What are we doing here?" Jennifer questioned.

"This." I shortly replied. I took Jennifer's hand and got on one knee with a black box in my hand.

"Oh my-" Jen said but stopped as her voice began to crack.

"Jennifer Lynn Lopez, we went from friends to lovers, and to be honest I don't really know how this happened." I said, earning a giggle from her. "You are the kindest, sweetest and most hardworking person I know. You're beautiful, intelligent and just a wonderful human being, and those words are even too less to describe you. I've spend my whole life being straight until that day, about five years ago when I sat here and admired you and thought if I will ever be able to be with you - and now we're here. We've been through so much. We've been through good times but also through hard times and I know that I will go with you wherever you want to go. Jennifer, will you marry me?"

Jennifer stayed quiet. She was speechless. I also couldn't say something. Jennifer pulled me up again and jumped in my arms and kissed me as if her life depended on it.

She pulled away from the hug and nodded, "Yes!" So I pulled out the ring and slid it on her finger.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you."

The night was just perfect. The ocean was a bit noisy, the moon was shining on the water and the love of my life just said 'yes!'. Could something better even happen?

"The ring is beautiful." Jennifer smiled, leaning her head on my shoulder.

"Beautiful just like you" I responded and kissed her forehead. Jennifer then turned to kiss my lips. I felt her smile into the kiss.

"You're something else..." She muttered.

"I love you so much" I said.