Chapter 38

Jennifer's POV

It's been already a week since Leah left. I've been working non-stop to distract myself. And it's not even working. My mind is all about Leah.

And not even my cocos can distract me because they're at Marc's and won't be back until Friday.

After a few hours of trying to work but mostly thinking about Leah, I finally managed to concentrate on my work but then my phone rang. It almost was like the universe wanted me not to work.

I reached my phone and saw that Lynda was calling me.

"Hey!" I said.

"What are you doing today? I'd like to come over." Lynda asked me without even greeting me.

"I'm sorry but I really need to work today" I told her.

"What's wrong?" She asked. I said nothing so she continued, "You're voice. You sound sad?"

"Yeah..." I mumbled.

"Jennifer, I don't wanna question you. Could you just tell me what happened?"

"I met Ben and I kissed him. Later that day I told Leah and she said she needs time so she moved out."

"You met Ben?" Lynda said, sounding shocked.

"Mhm" I muttered.

"Why? You know that you can't meet him just as friends."

"I can contain myself." I responded.

"I heard that..." She quietly said.

"Can you be just a bit more positive?"

"Oh Jen, come on. Start thinking. Go and get your girl back."

"Then tell me what to do." I responded.

"Jesus" Lynda sighted. "Take your damn phone and just call her or take your damn keys and drive to her. The last one is even a better idea." Lynda suggested.

"She said she needs time for herself."

"And when you tell people that you need time you normally want them to call you. So go and call her."

"Fine." I sighted.

"You better be doing that..."

After Lynda and I hung up I sat back on my desk and just started on some stuff again and it actually succeeded.

I got so distracted by work since I actually could concentrate on something that I didn't even call Leah.