Chapter 37

Leah's POV

I was about to drown in work when I heard my phone ring. It was my sister Nicole. I didn't took the call since I really had no nerve left for talking to her.

I started working again but after about five minutes, my phone rang again and Nicole called me again. I tried to ignore it but my ringing phone was driving me crazy so I took the call.

"What took you so long?" She asked me without even greeting me.

"Hey Nicole, it's also very nice to hear you" I said ironically.

"Are you free today and are you at home?" She asked me.

"Mhm" I mumbled.

"I'll be there in 10 minutes" Nicole said and hang up. How can this woman be so unfriendly? She did not even say bye.

-

Not even ten minutes later, my bell rang so I went to open it.

"Hey" She smiled, hugging me.

"Hi!" I replied. "You wanna drink something?"

"Some coffee wait- no I want a glass of water. Wait-" She said and I gave she a sharp look, "Nicole!"

"Just some coffee" She smiled.

Nicole kicked off her heels and already sat down on the balcony and I made us some coffee.

"Tell me, why are you here?" I asked.

"Do I need a reason to visit you?" She replied.

"Yeah" I bluntly said.

"There is no reason. I just wanted to visit my favorite sister." She grinned. "How's life going?" Nicole asked me.

"Not that great..." I muttered. "Jen and Ben made out." I blurted out and Nicoles eyes widened, "What?!" She literally screamed.

"Yeah... they met and she was moved by the tension and whatever... She kissed Ben." I mumbled.

"She made the first move?" She asked and I nodded. "And?"

"What? They made out. That's everything. And I've spent the last few days at home."

"You wanna hear my honest opinion on that?" Nicole said and I nodded. "Just go home. They made out - okay but it's not like they had sex. I mean, she met her ex. You've never met an ex of yours a-" Nicole said but I quickly cut her off, "No" Nicole just rolled her eyes. "But maybe you're right. Maybe I should just go home." I said.

"That's what I wanna hear. So go home and make it up to her." My sister smirked. "But not now. I wanna talk to you for a little while" She added.

So my sister and I talked for a little while. I was about to go crazy. I just wanted to go to see Jennifer.