chapter 64

Jennifer's POV

We're back in the States for about a week. Our vacation was pretty crazy. I still can't believe that Leah really asked me to be her wife. It still feels like a dream to me. And Elaine and Ana also knew it and I didn't even thought about this.

 Everything cooled down. Well, everything besides the headlines. They are still there but the most of them are pretty positive. The world was kinda shocked as Leah and I made it official on Instagram.

The kids and our parents are gladly very happy for us, besides my father. We haven't talked since Leslie's birthday, if you can call this talking. I don't even know if he is going to come to our wedding.

How did I end up like this? I'm about to marry a woman. How did this happen? If anyone ever told me that I'd be marrying a woman I would've told them that they are crazy but here we are.

I really can't believe it. How did I ended up so lucky?

The next few months are going to be very stressful. They are going to be all about the wedding.

-

"Baby!" Leah shouted.

"In here." I shouted back.

"What are you doing?" She asked as she saw me sitting on my desk in front of my laptop.

"Thinking about our wedding." I softly smiled.

"I can't wait for that day. Me and you, with the kids and our families..." She daydreamed.

"Everyone will be there besides my father" I mumbled.

"Oh baby... I know that it's hard, but maybe you just need to accept that he won't be there and that he won't accept us." Leah said.

"But I can't. He is still my father. I want him to be there on the most beautiful day of my life." I said as tears started to form in my eyes.

"Don't cry" She whispered and hugged me tightly. This always makes me calm down. Being in her embrace is where I feel safe. I could stay like this forever. It makes me feel like the world stopped and theres now only me and Leah but as soon as we pull away, I come back to reality.