Chapter 36

Leah's POV

Angry, dark clouds filled the sky. A thunderstorm was raging outside, up in the clouds. The rain crashed against the windows. It was a gray day - very suitable to my mood.

Last evening, I quickly went downstairs and spent the whole night in our living room on the couch. I just couldn't sleep in a bed next to Jen, well I couldn't sleep at all. And now I'm sitting in our kitchen, thinking about the whole thing.

I still can't believe it...

But I don't know if I should just forget it. I mean, it's not like she fucked him, right Maybe my reaction was too harsh but I trusted her. It is just the fact that I really trusted her with Ben. I even knew their history but still trusted her.

A noise from upstairs tore me out of my thoughts. 

"Good morning" Jen softly smiled at me as she came downstairs.

"Morning" I replied without even looking at her.

"I'm sorry..." Jennifer whispered as she sat down next to me.

"I know..." I said.

"Can we talk?" She asked.

"Mhm" I nodded. Jennifer cleared her throat because she wanted me to look at her. So I stopped looking away and turned my head to look at her. "Talk." I commanded.

"It started when I saw that Ben had some hickeys on his neck. I was kinda jealo-" She told me but I cut her off, "Why? You have me."

"I'm stupid, that is why" She said, looking down at her lap. "Ben teased me by asking me why am I acting so curious. He got closer and closer and then I kissed him." I told Leah and tears started to roll down her cheek. "He wanted to go further but I stopped him and quickly drove home." Jennifer told me and some tears also started to roll down my cheek.

She looked up from her lap directly in my face and saw tears rolling down my cheeks.

"P-please say something"

"You k-kissed him?" I stuttered, being completely shocked since I thought that Ben kissed her first. Jennifer only nodded.

"I am so sorry..." She whispered.

"I'm pretty sure you are but that won't change anything." I said and wiped away the tears. "It won't change the fact that you two made out. And it definitely won't change the fact that you made the first step." I said and Jen looked back down at her lap. "I told you to go and meet him because I trusted you... and because I thought you're able to contain yourself..."

"Are we going to be okay?" She quietly asked after a few moments of silence.

I only shrugged my shoulders. "I just hope so... but I don't know." I told Jen and walked upstairs.

"Where are you going?" She asked, following me upstairs.

"Upstairs." I shortly replied. "I need time. Time for myself. Sofia is at Angelos and I'm going to spent a few days in my home."

"Okay" She sighted. "Take as much time as you want." Jennifer told me before walking back downstairs.