Chapter 40

Jennifer's POV

It's been months since the incident with Ben and everything's got back to normal.

I'm glad that the kids weren't at home because that would've ended in a disaster. They did not realized that anything happened. Not even the media which surprised me the most because there are always some people who are telling the media everything even for a little money.

Only Lynda, Loren and Elaine know about this and I really trust them so I'm pretty sure they won't tell anyone.

-

"Sofia!" I heard Leah shout through the whole house.

"What?" Sofia shouted back.

It is really not that easy to have a teenager but I have this bad luck that my cocos are going to be teens at the same time. I love Emme and Max more than anything in the entire world but I see every day how hard it is to raise a teenager and no knowing that my cocos will probably be like this in a few years is not that good of an idea.

"Come downstairs!" Leah shouted. And Sofia even came downstairs. Well, without an enthusiastic expression, but she came downstairs and once again Leah won. "When's your boyfriend coming over?" She asked Sofia.

"I don't know. I don't even know if he's coming to pick me up." She responded.

"Then go and text him. Jen and I need time for ourselves." Leah said and Sofia quickly looked over to me and saw me smirking innocently. "Mhm" I nodded.

"Gross." Sofia replied.

"You can leave now." Leah said and Sofia quickly made her way into her bedroom.

"The older she gets the harder it gets to love her." Leah sighted as she let herself flop down on the couch.

"You were the same when you were her age." I laughed. "Besides, she's going through a hard time. And hopefully she'll be gone in half an hour."

"When is Lupe going to pick up Max and Emme?" Leah questioned.

"In half an hour." I smirked. "I can't wait to get you out of these clothes." I whispered.

-

It was time for Lupe to pick the cocos up. And she was on time. The door bell rang and I made my way to the door.

"Hey!" I smiled, hugging her.

"Emme, Max! Grandmas here!" I shouted.

"How you've been doing?" Lupe asked me.

"I'm doing great." I smiled.

"Grandma!" Emme shouted as she ran up to her.

"Hi honey." Lupe smiled.

"Wheres Max?" I asked Emme. She only shrugged her shoulders.

"Hmm" I mumbled. "Max!" I shouted.

"Wait mom" He shouted back.

"He's so much like you." Leah giggled as she made her way to the door. "Hey Lupe." She smiled at her before hugging her.

"Why is he so much like me?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Because he clearly can't make it on time. Just like you." My mom said.

"Well, yes I am often late but not that it ruins everything." I responded.

"So it's actually your fault that I'm always running late. These are your genes." Max said as he walked downstairs.

"But when I am late it's not ruining everything." I responded.