Chaper 25

Jennifer's POV

Yesterday my mom called me and told me that she wants to come over today and talk a bit.

Leah is not at home right now because shes currently in New York for some work and Emme and Max are at Marcs. I was bored so I decided to facetime Leah.

"Hey baby. Do you have some time right now?" I asked her.

"Hey babe. I always have time for you." Leah replied and I smiled at her. "What are you doing today?" She asked.

"My mom called last week. She said that she wants to come over today. So for now I am patiently wating for her to show up." I told Leah.

"My mom also called me and told me that she wants us to come over when I'm back from New York." Leah told me

"I don't like meeting parents." I pouted.

"Vicky loves you" I tried to reassure her. "I know but she loves me as your best friend not as your girlfriend."

"My unbelivable and very sexy girlfriend." She replied. "You're not making anything better." I said. "Everything will be okay." I said and tried to calm her down. "If you say so." I mumbled. "Oh... my moms here. I have to hang up." I said.

"Okay baby. I love you."

"I love you." I told her and hang up to open the door for my mom.

"Hi mom" I greeted her. "Hey" My mom smiled and hugged me. The two of us went inside and sat down on the couch.

"So... where's your girlfriend?" Lupe asked. "That sounds kinda weird hearing it from you. But Leah is in New York for some work."

"How are you two doing?"

"We're absolutely great." I smiled as I started talking about her.

"Leah makes you happy, right?" Lupe asked. "She really does." I mumbled, still being caught in my day dreaming.

"I can see that you really love Leah and that you are really happy with her. You've never been that happy in a while." My mom said and I exactly knew what she meant.

"Please mom, don't start with that." I pleaded.

"You've never been that happy since Ben."

"We're not going to talk about this now. I don't wanna talk about the past right now. I'm just looking forward to what is coming."

"I'm just saying. But I'm really happy for you two. Leah makes you really happy and that is everything that counts." She told me.

"Thank you." I said.

"Well, it was a bit surprising since you always dated men but I am truthly happy for you and Leah." My mom smiled. "David called me last week." Lupe added.

"Why?" I asked her kinda worried.

"He wanted to know my opinion on you and Leah. I told him that as long as you are happy I am also happy." Lupe told me.

"And what is his opinion?" I asked her.

"David is different. He is not as fine with you and Leah being a couple as I am." My mom said and I let out a sight. "But Jen, you are old enough to know that it doesnt matter what anybody else thinks even if it is your own father."

"What if he never accepts it?"

"He will accept it. He just needs more time." Lupe said before hugging me. "Just give him some time." She added.

"What about Emme and Max?" Lupe asked me.

"They are at their friends house." "I acctually wanted to know if they are okay with you and Leah being a couple."

"Of course they are. I couldn't continue if they didn't like Leah." I replied. "We also talked about moving in together but I told her that I can't do this right now. It's just too early." I added.

"How did she reacted?" My mom asked.

"Not that positive but Leah needs to accept my decisions."

"But you wanna move in with her one day?" She asked me.

"Of course I want but it's just too early right now. We're a couple for half a year and that is too soon to move in." I explained.

Lupe and I continued talking for what felt like hours. It definitely was nice to talk to her since we haven't talked in a little while but sometimes it is just a bit too much.